Bit Of A Yarn

Raise The White Flag- You have to be kidding?

Brodie

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Don’t disagree JJ!

Firm in my beliefs and when there are injustices, I will clearly continue to push the barrow!

Why should punters be treated differently?

Is my money not as good as the next punters?

Of course you cant disagree .

Yes but as you dont own any horses or punt anymore why should anyone bother taking any notice of you. They have not in the past so what makes you think your repetitive campaign on a small social media platform is going to make a hoot of difference.

Punters are treated  equally  on any Pari mutual tote. Fixed odds may see some bets curtailed based on what the respective bookies are holding on the race . If you think the bookies losing all the time on fixed odds is going to increase stakes then you really need to see an electrician and get rewired. Just my thoughts which are completely factual IMHO.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

36 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Of course you cant disagree .

Yes but as you dont own any horses or punt anymore why should anyone bother taking any notice of you. They have not in the past so what makes you think your repetitive campaign on a small social media platform is going to make a hoot of difference.

Punters are treated  equally  on any Pari mutual tote. Fixed odds may see some bets curtailed based on what the respective bookies are holding on the race . If you think the bookies losing all the time on fixed odds is going to increase stakes then you really need to see an electrician and get rewired. Just my thoughts which are completely factual IMHO.

Greg

Why should anyone bother to take notice?

Don’t give a rats if they don’t take any notice, but my prerogative to continue to point out that the TAB don’t treat all punters the same.

Do I need to punt for financial reasons?

No I am fortunate that I don’t need to, however if the NZ TAB continues to alienate punters they will continue to go backwards and the harness will suffer which it already is! 

Has got nothing to do with how much the Bookies are holding on the race whatsoever Greg!!!!!

They restrict certain winning punters and take large wagers from known losing punters!

You need rewiring Greg if you believe that the TAB is right in restricting punters all the while paying exorbitant salaries to employees that do very little to deserve them, while the racing industry continues to struggle and owners and trainers battle!!!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You need rewiring Greg if you believe that the TAB is right in restricting punters all the while paying exorbitant salaries to employees that do very little to deserve them, while the racing industry continues to struggle and owners and trainers battle!!!  

that dapper little fella the camera often finds doesn't appear to be struggling

Tell us more, im very interested in your comment.

Greg

Have you seen the race?   Race 7 it was,      Horse broke very soon after start, lost 10 - 12 lengths,      Caught the field and sat at rear.    Started run 3 wide from around the 1400.    Stayed 3 wide for rest of the race.    Winning time was 2-39.3 (M/R 1-56.5 which not too shabby if you had done it from the front and on rails.    Last half was 55.5!     You have to say that was a super-equine effort which very few if any other could have done.    And don't forget this horse did not even qualify for the final.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Let’s face it The AllStars horses can do things that horses from all other stables can not.

You have got your head in the sand if you believe it is all to do with being more professional!

It is not going to get any better and you are going to be racing for the scraps in the big stakes races going forward.

Do you think the AllStars give a rats about the other harness participants?

Not on your nelly,

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Let’s face it The AllStars horses can do things that horses from all other stables can not.

You have got your head in the sand if you believe it is all to do with being more professional!

resistance training on the sand ?

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You will get your wish today at Akaroa and Winton.

Greg

Great days racing at motukarararara  Punters paradise.    The wife punted the $111 winner night schooll,(3/3 ew).   The first win for its driver A mugford I think.

Ray Reekie  back in the winners circle with bobby t and I was smiling after the R Cameron stable doubled up with Islas joy at $48..  I  had a small investment on star reactor at $28 for a place,but unfortunately thought the stable might get Young stranger home but that never happened.

You can't beat grass track racing for its good dividends and  the stories related to each success.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Race 7 it was,      Horse broke very soon after start, lost 10 - 12 lengths,      Caught the field and sat at rear.    Started run 3 wide from around the 1400.    Stayed 3 wide for rest of the race.    Winning time was 2-39.3 (M/R 1-56.5 which not too shabby if you had done it from the front and on rails.    Last half was 55.5!   

Blows the 'marker pegs' theory out the frikking window doesn't it. Just as Ultimate Sniper's performances do. Guerin should not crap on about being on the marker pegs ever again as it clearly doesn't apply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It is not going to get any better and you are going to be racing for the scraps in the big stakes races going forward.

Not on your nelly,

be interesting to here what blossom has to say 

• Like 1

Not on your nelly,

Correct  when harness  racing is totally  f..ked here and  group 1s have only one stable contesting them elmer fudd will just go back to hunting bugs bunny a very rich man.....no doubt they are pushing the boundaries the way horses that were driven  with a sit  and struggled  most of this season can now  race 3 wide most of a race now and win...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, eljay said:

Have you seen the race?   Race 7 it was,      Horse broke very soon after start, lost 10 - 12 lengths,      Caught the field and sat at rear.    Started run 3 wide from around the 1400.    Stayed 3 wide for rest of the race.    Winning time was 2-39.3 (M/R 1-56.5 which not too shabby if you had done it from the front and on rails.    Last half was 55.5!     You have to say that was a super-equine effort which very few if any other could have done.    And don't forget this horse did not even qualify for the final.

Agree with you 100%. 
As for Ultimate Sniper, hard runs on each night, but certainly not a tired horse came final night, still won after another tough run? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

. Just my thoughts which are completely factual IMHO.

Greg

You wouldn't know a fact if you tripped over it paul. .....you remind me of a bald man that wears a toupee ,everyone has to collude in the illusion that the piece of old carpet  on his head is real hair...in your case that you are called GREG, when everyone knows you are in fact (as proven 100 times over) paul or fartoomuch/Newmarket  r.c!!! Now that's a fact for you. !!...so stop pretending  to be someone your clearly not....you are wasting your right hands important  Energy by signing " greg ' every time to try to justify your illusion. ....people don't accept "facts" from  a serial liar.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

11 hours ago, the galah said:

Great days racing at motukarararara  Punters paradise.    The wife punted the $111 winner night schooll,(3/3 ew).   The first win for its driver A mugford I think.

Ray Reekie  back in the winners circle with bobby t and I was smiling after the R Cameron stable doubled up with Islas joy at $48..  I  had a small investment on star reactor at $28 for a place,but unfortunately thought the stable might get Young stranger home but that never happened.

You can't beat grass track racing for its good dividends and  the stories related to each success.

Great stuff, its what suits a lot of harness followers. Even managed to make a few quid myself.

Greg

• Like 1

Can you tell us all what Outside help they received Lloyd. You seem to be insinuating some sort of foul play at work here.

Greg

I wish I knew Greg, and if I did I would tell you and my other friends who probably want to know moreso than you.   Oh yes, I am not insinuating anything - whatever it is could be illegal or legal, so what.     

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

I find it interesting that the Purdon's have been at the top of this game for as long as I can remember and probably before.  SO we are talking half a century at least.  First Roy then Barry and Mark.  Barry was there or there abouts on Saturday.  A dynasty.

I think the difference now is that compared to then there aren't as many competitive trainers.

Roy won his first Trainers Premiership in 1971.  In those days you had Ces Donald, George Noble, Charlie Hunter, Jack Smolenski, Wes Butt, Derek Jones, Don Nyhan.  Wasn't called the "Golden Mile" for nothing!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I find it interesting that the Purdon's have been at the top of this game for as long as I can remember and probably before.  SO we are talking half a century at least.  First Roy then Barry and Mark.  Barry was there or there abouts on Saturday.  A dynasty.

I think the difference now is that compared to then there aren't as many competitive trainers.

Roy won his first Trainers Premiership in 1971.  In those days you had Ces Donald, George Noble, Charlie Hunter, Jack Smolenski, Wes Butt, Derek Jones, Don Nyhan.  Wasn't called the "Golden Mile" for nothing!

Add in Cecil Devine, who had a real potty mouth when his horse didn't behave. Aka Lord Module, at times you could hear him from the stands.lol

4 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Add in Cecil Devine, who had a real potty mouth when his horse didn't behave. Aka Lord Module, at times you could hear him from the stands.lol

I had Cecil Devine in the list originally but he was Australian and I still have memories of seeing him deal to Lord Module in the stalls at Addington.  Only horse I've seen with a chain instead of a rope lead.

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2019 at 3:47 PM, Brodie said:

Has got nothing to do with how much the Bookies are holding on the race whatsoever Greg!!!!!

You cant be serious or you nothing about running a book or both.

Heres an interesting snippet  from offshore re percentages which you contradict with your bizarre statement above

PERCENTAGES DO MATTER

With the increase in taxes bookies just aren’t offering anywhere near the value we, as punters were able to secure 12 months ago.

Tristan gave me an indication of what affect the taxes have had on the TopSport prices.

When the Melbourne Cup field jumped this year, his market was 119% compared to last year when it was 116.4%.

The 2019 Caulfield Cup was at 120.1% compared to 115.4% and the Victoria Derby 120.3% compared to 115.2% in 2018.

With no Winx the Cox Plate was a massive 124% against 110.2% in the last year of the great mares four-peat.

Some will say who cares, the punters will take whatever they are offered. 

But the reality is no they won’t and many of the serious players won’t take the price as it’s not value against what they have a specific horse rated at, so they turn their back on the race, and in the case of Dr Nick they turn their back on Australian racing.

The rise in percentages is a direct result of the increased taxes on bookmakers and as we’ve seen in the case of Dr Nick there is in fact a breaking point at which punters will accept and when they won’t.

Now before those who feel this is a case of feeling sorry for the bookies jump all over me, I can assure you I’m not, I’m actually concerned for the punters and the overall health of the Australian racing industry.

Greg