Bit Of A Yarn

Trotting/Harness Clubs - Financial Reports

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Thanks for the great back down , a true keyboard warrior, keen to bag others in higher positions whilst remaining anonymous. Your another one of those real heros of social media IMHO

Greg

Fark off dickhead. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the great back down , a true keyboard warrior, keen to bag others in higher positions whilst remaining anonymous. Your another one of those real heros of social media IMHO

Greg

And Rusty is my name.

Hardly anonymous Gregory. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

How would i know

I thought you said you "have sources"?

47 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

i just like to introduce the odd fact and balance.

Facts you introduce like - "the RITA Board is completely new and can't be held accountable for previous decisions."

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I thought you said you "have sources"?

Everyone knows someone who knows something- you are a living example of that

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Facts you introduce like - "the RITA Board is completely new and can't be held accountable for previous decisions."

Are you saying that is not factual about a new board? Correct, i do not think they should be held responsible for the stupidity of previous  boards and management. As i have alluded to numerous times , the head count was way too high and the cost to run business even more so. everyone knew that was the case and the reason WP made changes. Now the new CEO and Board have begun to address those issues .Problem is now some say its not fair to close our course down.

10 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Problem is now some say its not fair to close our course down.

No you will find that they are saying is the criteria to remove our clubs race dates and license is unfair and whatever that criteria is, it isn't being applied evenly.

Also RITA does not have the power, yet, to close courses down it can only through leaning on NZTR, HRNZ and GRNZ force those code administrators to not allocate dates to certain clubs.

What we are seeing at the moment could be compared to a major retail chain closing down its profitable branches to keep its unprofitable Mega Stores going.  Does that make sense?  Is that what this "new" Board is all about? 

41 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Everyone knows someone who knows something- you are a living example of that

Are you saying that is not factual about a new board? Correct, i do not think they should be held responsible for the stupidity of previous  boards and management. As i have alluded to numerous times , the head count was way too high and the cost to run business even more so. everyone knew that was the case and the reason WP made changes. Now the new CEO and Board have begun to address those issues .Problem is now some say its not fair to close our course down.

Greg, the whole Racing industry has been run into the ground by people who haven’t got business expertise, and needs to be rectified!

There are still be rushed thru decisions like previously stupid decisions that have been made!

I appreciate that people that are running down racing at the TAB are still employed there due to contracts .

However, how can you justify the salaries of $500k plus for salaried staff that are doing no more than a glorified clerical position, defies logic.

I'm not au fait with the details relating to the personnel who have lead the decision making of the tab/rita. Clearly they have in recent times had a different leader. But what i do know is that decisions made in the last 7 to 8 years show they have been driven by the need to save costs while at the same time trying to improve turnover. Thats fine.

But the problem is the decisions they have made,have shown a total lack of knowledge of what their customers want,and what the customer needs so as to continue as punters. And the sad thing is they continue to make decisions which will ultimately reduce customer participation to the point where dollars saved will be less than  the dollars coming in as a result of the changes.

They may well be clever businessmen in the areas they specialize in who have lead the industry,but past and some present decisions made show that lack of understanding of what funds racing,the punting.

From free to air tv going to pay tv,,from the website that turned countless punters away from participation and focused on driving sports betting instead of the needs of the customers of its main earner, the  future decisions to phase out operators,the radio decision(why couldn't they have a simulcast off the tv),even basic things like the betslips or reducing the % the tab agencies got to the the point where they no longer cared whether anyone bets, etc ,etc.  Everything has been cost cutting resulting in less customer participation ,resulting in less turnover, which then leads to further cost cutting,further reductions in turnover...and so on.

And all along the industry licenceholders/owners have demanded that they maintain stakes levels,knowing that their product does not justify the level of the stakes they are paid.

It also happens at club level.  Just look at the auckland trotting club. Some of those people that were on the board that made the original decision would have had no ideas of the possible pitfalls. Whats in  a leading harness trainers background  to think he could understand the pitfalls of building of a huge apartment complex. Clearly the same applied to the other board members. I know it all sounded good at the  start. But i remember not long after they started that complex i just happened to speak to a fella from auckland  for 10 minutes who was visiting locally and it turned out he was an expert in the field of advising on such projects and who also gave advice to councils. When i mentioned the Auckland complex,he said,there could be a lot of money to be made in such projects,but the construction companies operated on small margins so as to get the projects,and  because of the volatility of product costs,labor  costs, quality of product(chinese) etc he  said there had been a few disastrous examples for those involved. Listening to him at the time made me wonder about aucklands decision, because the atc had seemed so confident in what they were doing in the media comments..

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

However, how can you justify the salaries of $500k plus for salaried staff that are doing no more than a glorified clerical position, defies logic.

You cant and  i'll bet you a K or 2 their is no one on anywhere near 500K at RITA now.

Stop repeating the salaries of days gone by as if they are somehow relevant. The CFO and CEO from the now defunct NZRB are gone and hence salary bill will be a whole lot lower as a result of a refined business structure under RITA board.

Greg

The CFO and CEO from the now defunct NZRB are gone and hence salary bill will be a whole lot lower as a result of a refined business structure under RITA board.

How do you know?  There isn't any transparency anymore.  Weekly turnover figures have disappeared.  The half yearly report for the period 1 August 2019 to 31 January 2020 is now 38 days overdue from its previous latest release.

It took a virus to get some action after 11 months of hand sitting.

• Like 1

You cant and  i'll bet you a K or 2 their is no one on anywhere near 500K at RITA now.

Stop repeating the salaries of days gone by as if they are somehow relevant. The CFO and CEO from the now defunct NZRB are gone and hence salary bill will be a whole lot lower as a result of a refined business structure under RITA board.

Greg

Greg, the arrogance from these big wigs is sickening really!

Government employees with no business skills, attending meetings, making stupid decisions, wasting money and milking the industry to the point of destroying racing.

Greg, seem you are in the know, these Baboons that think they were worth $500k did what exactly in the day to warrant their salaries?...

Racing will not survive in NZ without continued government handouts going forward!

I have been continually stating that the TAB business plan was flawed but I wasn’t aware just how effed it actually was!

John Allen and his supporters should be held to account and sued!,

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Greg, the arrogance from these big wigs is sickening really!

Government employees with no business skills, attending meetings, making stupid decisions, wasting money and milking the industry to the point of destroying racing.

Greg, seem you are in the know, these Baboons that think they were worth $500k did what exactly in the day to warrant their salaries?...

Racing will not survive in NZ without continued government handouts going forward!

I have been continually stating that the TAB business plan was flawed but I wasn’t aware just how effed it actually was!

John Allen and his supporters should be held to account and sued!,

will your man simon be looking for career change soon ?  

9 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

will your man simon be looking for career change soon ?  

Ranga, sorry,?  My man Simon?

Not with you?

If you mean the National leader, Simon Bridges, he may well be ousted as leader of the National Party, but I have got no control over that Ranga!

What I do know  is that the current Prime Minister is just so BAD for NZ!

First she thinks we need more public holidays and now questions whether we could have 4 day working weeks!!

And people think that she knows what she is doing to get the country out of the shite by working less??????

This government has got no ability whatsoever in regards to business but very good at closing the business sector down and effing people’s lives!!

The budget was called a budget for creating jobs, you have to be bloody kidding?

Chucking borrowed money is just getting NZ further into the mire

59 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, sorry,?  My man Simon?

Not with you?

If you mean the National leader, Simon Bridges, he may well be ousted as leader of the National Party, but I have got no control over that Ranga!

What I do know  is that the current Prime Minister is just so BAD for NZ!

First she thinks we need more public holidays and now questions whether we could have 4 day working weeks!!

And people think that she knows what she is doing to get the country out of the shite by working less??????

This government has got no ability whatsoever in regards to business but very good at closing the business sector down and effing people’s lives!!

The budget was called a budget for creating jobs, you have to be bloody kidding?

Chucking borrowed money is just getting NZ further into the mire

Brodster normally agree with you, but i don't on the above.  Im not alone neither does most of NZ and the world for that matter.

Tell me this, what did the nats do in 9 years of power?

Created a so-called surplus.  Helped the rich in NZ get even richer. in crisis in NZ and then even had the audacity to critisize Kiwi Build.  Yes kiwi build was a failure but at least they tried to create more affordable houses. As for racing yeah nah, zilch, nada not a cracker, but right wing wankers pot Rita and Peters for attempting to change things

The baby boomers who rubbish this government are a disgrace.  We don't have a health system to look after mental health and sickness as it is, let alone a covid-19 outbreak.  Pull your head in right wingers, as George Gregan eloquently put it 4 more years!  In Nationals case at least another 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

Brodster normally agree with you, but i don't on the above.  Im not alone neither does most of NZ and the world for that matter.

Tell me this, what did the nats do in 9 years of power?

Created a so-called surplus.  Helped the rich in NZ get even richer. in crisis in NZ and then even had the audacity to critisize Kiwi Build.  Yes kiwi build was a failure but at least they tried to create more affordable houses. As for racing yeah nah, zilch, nada not a cracker, but right wing wankers pot Rita and Peters for attempting to change things

The baby boomers who rubbish this government are a disgrace.  We don't have a health system to look after mental health and sickness as it is, let alone a covid-19 outbreak.  Pull your head in right wingers, as George Gregan eloquently put it 4 more years!  In Nationals case at least another 3

Booby, terribly soul destroying not agreeing with the Brodster.

What National did in 9 years is ran NZ very very successfully which is one of the reasons that this bunch of losers have got away with mediocrity so far.

What is so wrong with people doing well financially, the alternative of people not doing well is a shambolic situation that isn’t great.

It is total BS when people say at least they tried!!!!

Reality is that they didn’t try whatsoever as they built next to no KiwiBuild  houses apart from labelling some pathetic boxes in Hobsonville and places that didn’t need them.

Twyford is now Minister of Economic development and he is the best that they have got?

Peters has never been much good for anything let alone racing.

Every now and then he pipes up and has now given racing $70million or so,which is not going to be the saviour of racing, and the hand will need to be out continuously, watch this space.

as for the health system, we have one of the best systems in the world, when you compare it to overseas.

Personally have private cover for the whole family as I think that is in the best interests of protecting those I love.

The problem is that we have seen nothing yet in regards to mental illness/ depression due to many of the stupid decisions that are being made currently.

Look,Booby if I thought that there was a single person in the current government that was good for the country and had some ability, I would tell you, but unfortunately my lips have to stay still for once!!

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Booby, terribly soul destroying not agreeing with the Brodster.

What National did in 9 years is ran NZ very very successfully which is one of the reasons that this bunch of losers have got away with mediocrity so far.

What is so wrong with people doing well financially, the alternative of people not doing well is a shambolic situation that isn’t great.

It is total BS when people say at least they tried!!!!

Reality is that they didn’t try whatsoever as they built next to no KiwiBuild  houses apart from labelling some pathetic boxes in Hobsonville and places that didn’t need them.

Twyford is now Minister of Economic development and he is the best that they have got?

Peters has never been much good for anything let alone racing.

Every now and then he pipes up and has now given racing $70million or so,which is not going to be the saviour of racing, and the hand will need to be out continuously, watch this space.

as for the health system, we have one of the best systems in the world, when you compare it to overseas.

Personally have private cover for the whole family as I think that is in the best interests of protecting those I love.

The problem is that we have seen nothing yet in regards to mental illness/ depression due to many of the stupid decisions that are being made currently.

Look,Booby if I thought that there was a single person in the current government that was good for the country and had some ability, I would tell you, but unfortunately my lips have to stay still for once!!

Yeah we will agree to disagree on this topic brodster.  

Besides bars are open again now, i feel like getting smashed.  is there a horse to follow in the next couple of week?

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

Yeah we will agree to disagree on this topic brodster.  

Besides bars are open again now, i feel like getting smashed.  is there a horse to follow in the next couple of week?

Booby, your perogative to support a government that has no idea of how they can get NZ out of the shite!

Watch this space as people will realise that Brodie and Chief are correct!

Watch as the blind see people around them lose their business or their jobs unnecessarily,

I probably won’t be having a go for a week or two until their is some recent form, as the most recent form is not relevant!

Keep safe!