Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

Spitfire,no good today,didn't see race but result,I thought he was turning the corner,well he was today,just a different corner than all the others aye,probably be Forbury next,should be well rested after today's lame effort,(maybe he is lame),maybe he has been all his life,anyway Forbury Wednesday,he will be firing instead of running like a bag of busted arseholes cant wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Spitfire,no good today,didn't see race but result,I thought he was turning the corner,well he was today,just a different corner than all the others aye,probably be Forbury next,should be well rested after today's lame effort,(maybe he is lame),maybe he has been all his life,anyway Forbury Wednesday,he will be firing instead of running like a bag of busted arseholes cant wait.

I didn't see the race,but I did see he was a bit behind the others,such is life.

Spitty won a trial yesterday in 2-01.6 at Forbury. 

The non-winners race 3, same track same distance winner ran a MR2-01.2 

Spittys overall time of 2-46.3 trial was faster than the time of the 3rd placed horse of 2-47.3

Yes I know workouts and trials are different to race day. 

Im not going to write wee Spitty off just yet. 

Edited by Karrots
type
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Spittys overall time of 2-46.3 trial was faster than the time of the 3rd placed horse of 2-47.3

Im not going to write wee Spitty off

Why a trial?

9 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Im not going to write wee Spitty off just yet. 

Maybe he would do better in a very small field,a field of 1.🤓

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Maybe from the naughty behaviour, I read about on here breaking twice ...

If I break up, that's a really good way to get out of this racing thing 🤓

No idea. 

After Dennis the menace getting 300 hundred races from Alexy,I think Spitfire is being a bit optimistic looking for a early retirement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, mikeynz said:

After Dennis getting 300 hundred races from Alexy,I think Spitfire is being a bit optimistic looking for a early retirement.

I saw a pic of Dennis on HRNZ with a recent winner of his, he looked fine, like a nice person, enthusiastic to be in the game. (Yeah I know just that driving needs a bit more off-road practice). 

Anyway he's not the owner nor trainer of Spitty anymore. So Spitty might only have a few more in him ... Who knows. 

I'll still be hoping he can run another place or get that very allusive win. 

54 minutes ago, Karrots said:

I saw a pic of Dennis on HRNZ with a recent winner of his, he looked fine, like a nice person, enthusiastic to be in the game. (Yeah I know just that driving needs a bit more off-road practice). 

Anyway he's not the owner nor trainer of Spitty anymore. So Spitty might only have a few more in him ... Who knows. 

Who's got him now?

Just to add ,Dennis O Connells old war horse Alexy will tomorrow set a record for most races ever,everytime he races from now on he sets a new one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karrots said:

Might have been a xmas present😁