Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Thanks for the compliment Ranga!

How can you have a tote market with next to nothing in it?

$62 could be one or two punters bets and yet all these horses have varying dividends showing??????????????

Brodie

Are you that out of touch?

You can have dividends showing with only $62 in the Pool

It's not "made up", it's merely a mathmatical process to calculate the dividend

Total pool minus deductions + $ available to payout divided by the amount on each horse to + win dividend (or place)

Mikie

• Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Mikie said:

Brodie

Total pool minus deductions + $ available to payout divided by the amount on each horse to + win dividend (or place)

Mikie

mikie on the money yet again

7 hours ago, Mikie said:

Brodie

Mikie

Totally out of touch Mikie!!!

So if there was only $62 in the win pool most horses have not been 

wagered on!

There are horses showing over $100 to win at times when there is so little on!!!

Do not believe that the odds showing with several horses paying nothing and several at huge  odds is an accurate guide with so little on!!
If something is paying$100 has someone backed it or not?

Think it is baloney!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Totally out of touch Mikie!!!

So if there was only $62 in the win pool most horses have not been 

wagered on!

There are horses showing over $100 to win at times when there is so little on!!!

Do not believe that the odds showing with several horses paying nothing and several at huge  odds is an accurate guide with so little on!!
If something is paying$100 has someone backed it or not?

Think it is baloney!

No, and I don't believe that you have seen a horse paying $100 with only $62 in the Pool

If you have then screenshot it next time Brodie, don't rant and rave, just screenshot it and post it

Mikie

44 minutes ago, Mikie said:

No, and I don't believe that you have seen a horse paying $100 with only $62 in the Pool

If you have then screenshot it next time Brodie, don't rant and rave, just screenshot it and post it

Mikie

That is my point Mikie, there is divs all over the place when there is   Next to nothing in the pools, so they are BS!

Will screenshot!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Mikie, so now you must agree with the Brodster that the odds displayed on the tote is just a load of BS!!!!!!

No, I don't agree at all

What you have posted shoots your own argument right out of the water

#1 and #6 have $2 invested for a win on each of them

#2 and #5 have $1 invested on each of them

#3 has nothing invested on the Tote for a win atm

#4 has $12 uinvested on it

What can't you follow?

It's pretty simple Brodie

Mikie

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

7 minutes ago, Mikie said:

No, I don't agree at all

What you have posted shoots your own argument right out of the water

#1 and #6 have $2 invested for a win on each of them

#2 and #5 have $1 invested on each of them

#3 has nothing invested on the Tote for a win atm

#4 has $12 uinvested on it

What can't you follow?

It's pretty simple Brodie

Mikie

You are miles off Mikie

There is $780 in the win pool so you are talking rubbish!

There were 9 horses in the race.

It is bollacks with horses paying over $300 to win.

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You are miles off Mikie

There is $780 in the win pool so you are talking rubbish!

There were 9 horses in the race.

It is bollacks with horses paying over $300 to win.

Im sorry you are NOT on the money this time Brodie. Mikie is quite correct in his analysis of the dividends as shown. There is only 1 winner in the race so if 2 or 5 win as it stands and no more invested then they scoop the pool minus the deductions which leaves the one punter with the $ on $659.10  Show you how much the Tab takes $120.90 in this case or 15.5% 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Im sorry you are NOT on the money this time Brodie. Mikie is quite correct in his analysis of the dividends as shown. There is only 1 winner in the race so if 2 or 5 win as it stands and no more invested then they scoop the pool minus the deductions which leaves the one punter with the $ on $659.10  Show you how much the Tab takes $120.90 in this case or 15.5% 

With respect, Bollacks.

Are you saying that the tote pools show the whole amount of the betting and then they taking out 15.5%?

I think the take out is actually higher than that in total isnt it?

The numbers do not make sense for the amount in the win pool!

I can not really be bothered debating it too much and I do not bet tote anyways!

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

With respect, Bollacks.

Are you saying that the tote pools show the whole amount of the betting and then they taking out 15.5%?

I think the take out is actually higher than that in total isnt it?

The numbers do not make sense for the amount in the win pool!

I can not really be bothered debating it too much and I do not bet tote anyways!

With respect, with someone that claims they are on the money all the time. This is so very basic, it's incredible that such a supposedly successful punter can't understand it. Talk about clueless.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mardigras said:

With respect, with someone that claims they are on the money all the time. This is so very basic, it's incredible that such a supposedly successful punter can't understand it. Talk about clueless.

Yes totally clueless!

Clueless but at least batting for the right team!

Why on earth do they falsify the amount of the pool by saying it is $780 when in fact that is not the pool that the tote dividends are paid out of ????????

On the basis of those divs if they are taking out 15.5% then they still look a bit odd with the favourite having roughly $536 of the $671 after take  out invested on it, 80% to 20% for the rest of the field?

Edited by Brodie

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Clueless but at least batting for the right team!

I'm not sure what the right team is, but if you are implying I don't, then if you want to play with boys, that's your choice. Not sure why you want to mention that on a racing forum. But maybe you haven't worked out that's what it is yet.

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Why on earth do they falsify the amount of the pool by saying it is $780 when in fact that is not the pool that the tote dividends are paid out of ????????

On the basis of those divs if they are taking out 15.5% then they still look a bit odd with the favourite having roughly $536 of the $671 after take  out invested on it, 80% to 20% for the rest of the field?

They don't falsify the amount of the pool. It's an 'as at' a point in time display. This is primary school stuff.

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

I'm not sure what the right team is, but if you are implying I don't, then if you want to play with boys, that's your choice. Not sure why you want to mention that on a racing forum. But maybe you haven't worked out that's what it is yet.

They don't falsify the amount of the pool. It's an 'as at' a point in time display. This is primary school stuff.

Lol. 
Interesting name you use Mardi Gras!
So what is the pool amount that they display?

Is it the total amount of money on the tote, inclusive of the TAB takeout or not??

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Lol. 
Interesting name you use Mardi Gras

Thanks. Although not that interesting considering it is pretty much just an abbreviated concatenation of my name.

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So what is the pool amount that they display?

Is it the total amount of money on the tote, inclusive of the TAB takeout or not??

The total on the tote for win and place - the commission is only included in the dividend calculation. Other pools with guaranteed payouts, who knows what they show.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

Thanks. Although not that interesting considering it is pretty much just an abbreviated concatenation of my name.

The total on the tote for win and place - the commission is only included in the dividend calculation. Other pools with guaranteed payouts, who knows what they show.

The no.s do not add up Mardi Gras!

The first race was the pool without any take and the last race had approx. 15.5% taken out!

Anyway, can not understand any serious punter offloading on the tote!!

What a waste of time

People try to explain things to you Brodie but you either can’t read, can’t comprehend or, as another very intelligent poster pointed out, you are just clueless 

Then you try your usual diversionary tactics by adding that you wouldn’t punt on the Tote

You’re never wrong are you?

Biden isn’t the next President of USA is he?

The TAB takeout looks about right, as the RoR of total T/O that Clubs earnt is just over 14% I understand

Mikie

• Like 1

If the statutory takeout rate for the Win pool is 15.5% and the pool quoted above is $780 and a $1 unit is bet on one horse - what will the dividend be for that horse?  

Same question with the Place Pool where the takeout is 15.5% (don't know why they would be different) and the pool is $40 what will the place dividend be for one horse that only has $1 a place on it?

NOTE:  The statutory takeouts for commingled pools are different - 14.5% and 14.25% respectively.

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The no.s do not add up Mardi Gras!

The first race was the pool without any take and the last race had approx. 15.5% taken out!

Anyway, can not understand any serious punter offloading on the tote!!

I'm sure they do add up, but primary school maths level may not be sufficient. The only time when it would be more complex is when there is more than the amount of money required to take the odds down below the minimum odds level.

• Bad Post 1