Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

3 hours ago, mikeynz said:

There was 10 dollars in the win pool,all horses were paying 8.40, based on that the TAB must take out 16cents to the dollars on tote bets.

When there was $62 in the win pool there were some horses laying nothing and others paying plenty.

Must  be just made up when there is so little in the tote pool.

2 hours ago, Mikie said:

No doubt about it mikeynz, you are on the money

Mikie

I do realise that they have to make money,I just never knew what the deductions was,so ok they get the deductions from tote bets,be fair to say they can lose on any fixed odds betting so yes turnover can be whatever it is but it don't mean profit,surely some of the big punters must stack plenty on rugby ,tennis etc,so in reality the turnover rise is just masking things in many situations.

As we know a poor field but do you go forward and sit parked or sit back and waddle past the slow ones in the straight to finish 5th or 6th...

Didn't like the look of the grass crossing just past the post, hope the trotters don't find it too high.

Was Lamb the starter their in race 1?

Sliding in doing cartwheels for the connections of Aveross Majesty, and Jeremy Wells, finally getting his maiden win. Sweet Lou 1 starter, 1 winner today. And congrats to Ferg, joining the 2000 drivers winners club. 

Sliding back out again with a cartwheel round off backspring. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Sliding in doing cartwheels for the connections of Aveross Majesty, and Jeremy Wells, finally getting his maiden win. Sweet Lou 1 starter, 1 winner today. And congrats to Ferg, joining the 2000 drivers winners club. 

Sliding back out again with a cartwheel round off backspring. 

Think Ferg is on 1999 at the moment Karrots, not 2000

Next week

Mikie

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

Think Ferg is on 1999 at the moment Karrots, not 2000

Next week

Mikie

Hey buddy,

Have double checked and saying in a quiet voice that he does have his 2000th winner today :-) And now I have watched the actual race of Aveross Majesty, what a magical win. Awesome for connections. Back to cartwheeling out again :-) 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Hey buddy,

Have double checked and saying in a quiet voice that he does have his 2000th winner today 🙂 And now I have watched the actual race of Aveross Majesty, what a magical win. Awesome for connections. Back to cartwheeling out again :-) 

You are quite right Karrots

Didn't even realise that he was at Oamaru

Congratulations Ferg, great achievement\

Mikie

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mikie said:

You are quite right Karrots

Didn't even realise that he was at Oamaru

Congratulations Ferg, great achievement\

Mikie

Congratulations as well to Peter Ferguson on 2000 wins in NZ!

He has not been as active as he used to be several years ago though or he wouldve had the 2000 up a while ago.

Think he seems to have his interests on the bloody dogs!

27 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Congratulations as well to Peter Ferguson on 2000 wins in NZ!

He has not been as active as he used to be several years ago though or he wouldve had the 2000 up a while ago.

Think he seems to have his interests on the bloody dogs!

Dear Brodie

You remind me of someone I hold dear to my heart, (& I have no problem calling them out too btw when need be :-). Now whether you are right or wrong or whether I agree with you or not, I prefer to acknowledge a milestone achievement as it is, without any ifs, buts, or side remarks.

Now I'm going to slide-out of this convo indefinitely, until the Aveross connections get back in the money with a certain horsie horsie …….

Will I make it back into this convo or not …. To be continued …  Yeah, yeah I might be waiting a while blah blah …. time will tell :-) Nite all and hope you are having a fab weekend. K

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Dear Brodie

You remind me of someone I hold dear to my heart, (& I have no problem calling them out too btw when need be :-). Now whether you are right or wrong or whether I agree with you or not, I prefer to acknowledge a milestone achievement as it is, without any ifs, buts, or side remarks.

Now I'm going to slide-out of this convo indefinitely, until the Aveross connections get back in the money with a certain horsie horsie …….

Will I make it back into this convo or not …. To be continued …  Yeah, yeah I might be waiting a while blah blah …. time will tell 🙂 Nite all and hope you are having a fab weekend. K

Karrots, you can not just shoot and run lol!

Forums are a medium for debate and discussion.

Peter Ferguson is a very gifted horseman, always was and always will be!

For some reason he decided to get into training greyhounds and that has reduced his driving opportunities over recent years!

There was no negativity in what I have stated, quite the opposite!

As for getting back into this conversation when the Spitfire runs a place, you may well never reenter?

Edited by Brodie

On 18/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, Dougie said:

Dennis has all his five horses racing this weekend (Rangiora and Oamaru) yet only AS and another stable newbie in Aveross Majesty are listed as being with Bruce and Jess Young, for me no chance in Hell the other 3 are being floated back and forth to Dunedin.

Interesting to see how Aveross Majesty will go on saturday after a trial win but in a slow time, same owners as donut king stablemate ...... could be a profitable weekend for the stable you just never know when slow horses are all racing each other anything can happen.

3 winners in 3 days for Dennis the menace, nice action too on the trotter but most surprising was Pete's Dash but a nice drive and a lot of luck can equate to a soft win.

No luck for the Spitfire at a time he really needed it, that race was his chance too, was cruising in the 3 wide line and the leader and parked horse were done but we'll never know the outcome but going by how the stablemates are going maybe Dennis can get at least a placing on the summer grass circuit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

3 winners in 3 days for Dennis the menace, nice action too on the trotter but most surprising was Pete's Dash but a nice drive and a lot of luck can equate to a soft win.

No luck for the Spitfire at a time he really needed it, that race was his chance too, was cruising in the 3 wide line and the leader and parked horse were done but we'll never know the outcome but going by how the stablemates are going maybe Dennis can get at least a placing on the summer grass circuit.

Like it or not O Connell can get something out of his horses when others struggle but the spitfire,that's a different kettle of fish but it makes life interesting,Pete's Dash winning is not really a surprise,he was always there abouts in a lot of his races,I guess though that if these horses keep turning up all the time they must get there eventually.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Averos Majesty and Averos Spitfire, I believe are currently being trained by Bruce Negus.

Bruce can improve horses.

Well whatever or whoever,there is only one way the spitfire can go,he can't go backwards much more,he's been doing that all his career

• Haha 1