Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What I can't understand is why they haven't been warned by the Stipes.  At the moment all it amounts to is a public flogging of a horse.

Clearly there has to be a reason that a trainer has lined a horse up for 47 unplaced starts, and an owner has paid out mega dollars with no chance of a return.

Mehe, states that it is the owners right to race the horse and pay over big money to a trainer!
Seriously, how could any owner get satisfaction and enjoyment from seeing their horse week in and week out, finish down the track.

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Clearly there has to be a reason that a trainer has lined a horse up for 47 unplaced starts, and an owner has paid out mega dollars with no chance of a return.

Mehe, states that it is the owners right to race the horse and pay over big money to a trainer!
Seriously, how could any owner get satisfaction and enjoyment from seeing their horse week in and week out, finish down the track.

he's lovely old horse . what about little miss and Kelly Evander

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I thinking more along the lines of why it is allowed to start by both HRNZ and the Stipes.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

he's lovely old horse . what about little miss and Kelly Evander

Correct if I'm wrong but wasn't Kelly Evander a trotter?  She stopped at 42 starts.

Little Miss again a trotter but at least had a couple of placings.

Edited by Noodlum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

I would lay odds that the horse is the stable's GP and that it lines up when there's room on the truck to receive the "also ran" stake to earn it's keep.

That being the case, I'd further lay odds that the owner isn't paying out mega (if any) dollars.

At the end of the day, it's none of our business so who really cares.

Edited by Taku Umanga

Before a horse can start at the races, it needs to qualify, by running a set time over a specified distance. The purpose of this is to ensure that the horse is up to a minimum standard, and doesn't get damn near lapped at the races. And also that it can actually race in its chosen gait. 

If a horse puts in repeated sub-standard performances, sometimes it has to go back to the trials and prove it's ability, by obtaining the satisfaction of a stipe. Usually this is for bad manners (on the horse's part, not the driver nor trainer). 

There could be a case for a horse having such an awful record, that it needs to "re-qualify" for want of a better word, and run quicker than a set time over a certain distance. If it is not up to scratch then it loses its ticket and unable to enter a tote race. 

Harsh, but fair? I dunno. Just an idea. 

I feel sorry for the poor casual (not serious) punters, that back the horse, not knowing the horse is slower than the growth of mould. It would give them a certain amount of protection. But it is a case of punter beware I guess. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

I would lay odds that the horse is the stable's GP and that it lines up when there's room on the truck to receive the "also ran" stake to earn it's keep.

That being the case, I'd further lay odds that the owner isn't paying out mega (if any) dollars.

At the end of the day, it's none of our business so who really cares.

Taku, I would lay odds that there is more Toku,  than being a galloping pacemaker.

If he is a galloping pacemaker, then they shouldnt be loading it onto the, as it is not competitive.

Taku, no I am not paying the training bill, however personally speaking, I dont encourage mediocracy!!!!

You think that it is ok for a horse that has not got enough ability to place in 47 starts to still be in training and racing???

You must have very deep pockets and low expectations if you happy with that!!!

37 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Taku, I would lay odds that there is more Toku,  than being a galloping pacemaker.

If he is a galloping pacemaker, then they shouldnt be loading it onto the, as it is not competitive.

Taku, no I am not paying the training bill, however personally speaking, I dont encourage mediocracy!!!!

You think that it is ok for a horse that has not got enough ability to place in 47 starts to still be in training and racing???

You must have very deep pockets and low expectations if you happy with that!!!

Did the horse finish last Brodie in fact how many times has it rang last

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

Did the horse finish last Brodie in fact how many times has it rang last

Are you serious?

So because it finishes down the track in every start of 47, it is great for the owner just because it didnt finish last?
You have very high standards Mehe, we can tell!

29 minutes ago, Mehe said:

You dumb fuck your saying this horse is so bad it should be retired

If so every horse that it beats home should be as well 

Seriously, you calling “The Brodster” a D F when you have a reasoning that a horse that has not placed in 47 starts is worth persevering with, because it beat two horses home on Sunday, when driven by the best driver in NZ?
It is 7 years old, has got very limited ability and yet you feel that it deserves to be racing?

Have you ever thought of  being a bloodstock agent, Mehe?

• Haha 3

Yes you are a dumb fuck did you address the other horses that its beaten home in a lot of races no you haven't have you ever thought about giving up on this thread you you just wa t to ho on and on 

As i have said not your money not your horses so give it a read hope it races again this week

6 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Yes you are a dumb fuck did you address the other horses that its beaten home in a lot of races no you haven't have you ever thought about giving up on this thread you you just wa t to ho on and on 

As i have said not your money not your horses so give it a read hope it races again this week

Chief, am I allowed to say that Mehe’s vocabulary is as limited as Averos Spitfires ability??

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Chief, am I allowed to say that Mehe’s vocabulary is as limited as Averos Spitfires ability??

If I had used grammar like that at school, Mrs Wickens would have pulled out the strap. 

Edited by Ludwig
Spelling...auto check
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

If I had used grammar like that at school, Mrs Wickens would have pulled out the strap. 

The question needs to be asked doesn’t it?

Are all school teachers doing the job they are being paid for?

They have received a big pay rise, and yet they are sending out students that don’t know what a comma or full stop is?

• Like 1

Just now, Brodie said:

The question needs to be asked doesn’t it?

Are all school teachers doing the job they are being paid for?

They have received a big pay rise, and yet they are sending out students that don’t know what a comma or full stop is?

What a fucken wanker brodie 

There maybe a reason for that dumb fuck fnacy running away to your mate chief see how much of a wanker you are 

Just now, Mehe said:

What a fucken wanker brodie 

There maybe a reason for that dumb fuck fnacy running away to your mate chief see how much of a wanker you are 

Mehe, seriously, do you need to use profanities, it isn’t overly becoming to be honest!

What is fnancy?

At least you can spell the swear words!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Mehe,  I would kindly suggest that any horse that the champ, Averos Spitfire has ever finished ahead of, is still not racing after 47 unplaced dividend bearing places!

To be fair Mehe, is YOU that comes on and writes gobbledygook without commas and fullstops, in reply to my weekly posting.

If you do not like it, then don’t post and read a book with commas and fullstops!!!

Edited by Brodie