Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

While i don't agree with the brodsters view on  aveross spitfire being retired simply because it has poor record,i think his comments  express a view that some might have ,and i find them entertaining.

Some might take it as a personal attack on its connections,i don't believe that to be the case. I don't see a problem in someone saying what they think,if they don't intend to make it personal. How others construe things is really up to them. Having said that i understand that making honest observations will result in negativity towards the poster,but no one should be influenced by that.

• Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

While i don't agree with the brodsters view on  aveross spitfire being retired simply because it has poor record,i think his comments  express a view that some might have ,and i find them entertaining.

Some might take it as a personal attack on its connections,i don't believe that to be the case. I don't see a problem in someone saying what they think,if they don't intend to make it personal. How others construe things is really up to them. Having said that i understand that making honest observations will result in negativity towards the poster,but no one should be influenced by that.

Bullshit!  he targeted one specific horse! That horse has specific owners who dont deserve to be mocked by the same hypocritical fucktards who complain about the same pool of wealthy owners of the blue and white army claiming all the top trophies,

Comment on the horses performance!!! not publically question if the owners in ` Their semi right mind` for paying the the bills?

Thats a personal attack! How would you feel if I said ` look at galahs wife! I wouldnt fuck that ugly sack of shit with Harry the drunken hobos dick, But he married her and he pays the bills, Its not personal, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everybody is entitled to and has right to an opinion!!!!!

Fine line Galah! If you wanna do it, do it, dont fuck around with semantics asswipe!, inferring an honest person is a thief  and then mentally unstable!! IS PERSONAL AND INSULTING!! especially when its solely based on nothing more than the training mantra of Brodie! A meglomaniacal ginja real estate magnate! They are all about ethos arent they!

Hope you dont take this personally!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

Thats right you dont pay the training bill! and you dont back it!  but youve put your negative hipster boot into Faulks and the owners, They might not be Big Bank Brodie! but it is what they want to do and must enjoy racing their horse.

Andrew Faulks is a long and experienced trainer and doesnt need your superior knowledge or publically unsolicated assessment of his clients horse.

You should apologise for your inference that andrew faulks is stealing!! Your an aorrogant narcicisstic ginger headed little cunt and all your posts on this matter should be retracted!

Maligning a hard working HONEST! trainer and belittling the owners participating in a sport they love in these financial times iust shows what a fuckin douchebag you are!  Buy it or dont buy it, bet on it or dont bet on it!

Not you tho, gotta make a big brag top 10 rich list  brodie post!

Make sure you send some cash to help them out with the apology! You probably jerk off to a great big poster of john key and clayton weatherston you narcissistic prick! How many horse have you trained and owned?

Nah spend most of your time fucking crying over TAB restrictions and how they will ruin the industry and it will go broke and then the trainers and owners will go broke and then go on a campaign against poor small time trainer and owners cause they are trying and havent lived up to Brodies prerequisites,

They havent been succesful but still wish to persevere, Lets publicly mock them!!  ah brodie! They are the type of people you step over when you leave the opera!

Whiplash, no personal attack, but seriously think you need a bit of counselling!

This is an open forum that discusses harness topics, and whether you agree or disagree is your perogative.

When you are posting you  should be putting your point of view across with an open mind.

It is not a personal attack on any owner or trainer whatsoever!

Yes of course if the owner  wants to race the horse and pay the bills,,it is their right!

Yes if Andrew wants to train a horse for many years without it ever running a place  it is his right!

You think it is an  attack on them, well it isnt, rather just pointing out in my unbiased opinion that there doesnt appear to too much sense in it!!!!!!

Finally, I am not a bloody Ginger, I suggest you go to Specsavers!!!!

• Like 1

In my opinion the system shouldn't allow the Owner to race the horse.  I understand it barely qualified to race not that you need to do much nowadays to qualify.  Hasn't returned anything to the punter at all and is obviously not up to being competitive.  Yet the system allows it to race.  Why?  To make up field numbers?  So it can get in the way of better horses and improve the odds for the TAB?

If the owners want to race their horse for ZERO return and pay all the bills for years why not let them "race" in a non-tote non-stakes race on raceday?  If it wins or runs second in one of those then it can get a "real" raceday start.

Boy those days of where we struggled to get a start because there were horses who had better qualifying times or better form.

• Like 1

A lot of uncompetitive horses running around that simply don't have a winning chance most races either due to lack of skill or bad manners but without these horses what do we want? 6 horse races like the crap Auckland generally dish up.

Can Avross Spitfire win a race, of course it can if circumstances permit and obviously a fit horse, any horse that can finish 2.5 lengths from the winner can win a suitable race.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Whiplash, no personal attack, but seriously think you need a bit of counselling!

This is an open forum that discusses harness topics, and whether you agree or disagree is your perogative.

When you are posting you  should be putting your point of view across with an open mind.

It is not a personal attack on any owner or trainer whatsoever!

Yes of course if the owner  wants to race the horse and pay the bills,,it is their right!

Yes if Andrew wants to train a horse for many years without it ever running a place  it is his right!

You think it is an  attack on them, well it isnt, rather just pointing out in my unbiased opinion that there doesnt appear to too much sense in it!!!!!!

Finally, I am not a bloody Ginger, I suggest you go to Specsavers!!!!

Why did you insinuate that Andrew Faulks is a thief? Is that not personal?   Why are you insinuating that the owner is not in his right mind?  Is that not personal?  These ARE personal judgements !

If you want to comment on the horses performance, no problem! not on the mental capacity of the owners and trainer or their PERSONAL reasons behind racing it!

For someone who cries over the privacy act when it comes to his own personal information , You judge overstepping the line to mean that If you say it its not personal, well I called you a ginga,     you didnt like it!  you called andrew faulks a thief!, 

Bet you he doesnt like that!   but thats ok,its  not personal when it comes from brodie! maybe more blond than ginger but still a deluded self righteous cunt!  nothing personal mate!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dougie said:

A lot of uncompetitive horses running around that simply don't have a winning chance most races either due to lack of skill or bad manners but without these horses what do we want? 6 horse races like the crap Auckland generally dish up.

Can Avross Spitfire win a race, of course it can if circumstances permit and obviously a fit horse, any horse that can finish 2.5 lengths from the winner can win a suitable race.

Can Averos Spitfire win a race? Of course it can?.

46 starts from a rising 7 year old gelding without running a dividend bearing place, including many starts at Forbury, and you are confident that it can win a race at Addington?

My sole point was that here is a horse that must owe the owners at least $100,000 you would think,  racing at Addington for winning stakes of less than 4k.

The gelding has never run a place and in my opinion, spending a couple  of thousand Of dollars each and every month on a horse that is always an also ran, defies any logic.

If the owners enjoy watching it run and being uncompetitive, just imagine how much fun they would have if they raced a horse that was a winning horse!

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

Yet the system allows it to race.  Why?  To make up field numbers?  So it can get in the way of better horses and improve the odds for the TAB?

If the owners want to race their horse for ZERO return

LAY IT, and youve improved your odds! as for the TAB planting horses to get in the way to improve their odds?????????

I am not even going to respond to what has to be one of the most fucking stupid statements of the century!!!!

Who said owners WANTED! to race for nothing! GALAHS wife wanted! to be MISS NZ,  Just you can only enter! At least the horse can improve!  A portrait painted in 7 shades of shit for the other Im afraid!

Nothing personal!

6 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Why did you insinuate that Andrew Faulks is a thief? Is that not personal?   Why are you insinuating that the owner is not in his right mind?  Is that not personal?  These ARE personal judgements !

If you want to comment on the horses performance, no problem! not on the mental capacity of the owners and trainer or their PERSONAL reasons behind racing it!

For someone who cries over the privacy act when it comes to his own personal information , You judge overstepping the line to mean that If you say it its not personal, well I called you a ginga,     you didnt like it!  you called andrew faulks a thief!, 

Bet you he doesnt like that!   but thats ok,its  not personal when it comes from brodie! maybe more blond than ginger but still a deluded self righteous cunt!  nothing personal mate!

Firstly, FFS if you can not see that it was”tongue in cheek” Then your life must be a wee bit boring Whiplash!

Dont know Andrew or the owners, however Andrew Faulks is a hardworking harness enthusiast I would say!

As for the owners, I reiterate There is no semi logical reason to be racing a horse that has such limited ability when they could be paying the same money in training for a horse that could win stake money.

Whiplash, your perogative what you call anyone, providing it has accuracy, and has nothing at all whatsoever to do with the Privacy Act!

Deluded Sxxxxxx dxxxxx Cxxxxxx?

Can “The Brodster” take that as you being a fan?.

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Can Averos Spitfire win a race? Of course it can?.

46 starts from a rising 7 year old gelding without running a dividend bearing place, including many starts at Forbury, and you are confident that it can win a race at Addington?

My sole point was that here is a horse that must owe the owners at least $100,000 you would think,  racing at Addington for winning stakes of less than 4k.

The gelding has never run a place and in my opinion, spending a couple  of thousand Of dollars each and every month on a horse that is always an also ran, defies any logic.

If the owners enjoy watching it run and being uncompetitive, just imagine how much fun they would have if they raced a horse that was a winning horse!

Are you going to apologise for calling andrew faulks a thief!!  or for calling the Pettitt`s mental?????

3 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

TAB planting horses to get in the way to improve their odds?????????

I am not even going to respond to what has to be one of the most fucking stupid statements of the century!!!!

Geezus!  Lighten up!  It was tongue in cheek!  I can't think of any reason why anyone would want the horse in the field!  It doesn't help with the quality of our racing or the punting product.  If you want to have fun watching your horse go round put in a race where no one is serious.  Better still tie it to a Merry-go-Round!

5 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Who said owners WANTED! to race for nothing!

My point is they may as well race for nothing because they haven't earn't anything!!  At least they wouldn't have to pay for nominations and acceptances (do we still have those?)!

• Like 1

Just now, whiplash smile said:

Are you going to apologise for calling andrew faulks a thief!!  or for calling the Pettitt`s mental?????

FFS, if it has upset them both, then I am indeed unbelievably apologetic.

If people have got such thin skin, then that would be a major concern!

I never called anyone mental?

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

FFS, if it has upset them both, then I am indeed unbelievably apologetic.

If people have got such thin skin, then that would be a major concern!

I never called anyone mental?

You insinuated it! perhaps you need to lay off that vegan food you love so much brodie, its affecting your memory!

11 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Do you find calling someone a thief amusing brodie?

Whiplash, think you need to have a sleep and then consider what you are asking!

If I had taken $100k off someone and returned them Zilch for their efforts, then I would call myself more than a thief without any second thoughts!!!

If I was a trainer of a horse that had performed so poorly for so long, there would be no way whatsoever I would still be training that horse, and collecting training fees!

There are so many more horses out there that would deserve to be geared up than a horse that has had 46 starts for next to no return!!!!

Edited by Brodie

4 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

You insinuated it! perhaps you need to lay off that vegan food you love so much brodie, its affecting your memory!

You what?

Vegan my buttocks!!!

Whiplash, so you are saying that you feel that it is sensible for someone to race a 46 start 7 year old gelding that has never run a dividend bearing  placing?????