Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

46 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What makes you a troll is you can't resist having a dig at Brodie and then start calling him a plonker, liar,......blah blah blah.

Yes and some people like BDSM.  They DON'T have to do anything Brodie tells them!  But anyone of us can express an opinion.  Calling someone a plonker or a liar is not the epitome of opinion expression.

Come on chief I havent call him a liar I said he tells fibs what he dose do maybe you should give Brodie some bdsm was told that he likes 

So chief keep sticking up for him 

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then WHY THE HELL Mehe DO YOU KEEP TROLLING Brodie?  Is this a burgeoning bro-mance?  If so - Brodie can you send Mehe a photo of yourself.  Mehe put the photo on the wall and do whatever you need to do to stop your forum unsociable behaviour.  Hint:  In the privacy of your bedroom you can do anything UNLESS it's Level-2 and the Police believe you have more than 10 people in your house.

mrs palmer lol

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

42 starts without returning a cheque you must admit is extreme!  What's more if we had any sort of a decent racing integrity system the trainer and owners would be questioned about why the horse was still starting.  In some jurisidictions it wouldn't be allowed to start!

Are you serious? What has that got to do with the racing integrity unit?  Can you enlighten us as to which jurisdiction  it wouldn't be allowed to start?

To me we have here people moaning about connections who take good care of their horses and choose to continue to race one that is limited in ability. So what. How about they show the same level of concern in those who use performance enhancers which have negative impacts on the health of the horse.How about you take a look at those who discard their horses after racing with little thought as to their fate. Often the fate of a horse after racing lies in the hands of an owner who has no way of caring for a retired racehorse,or in the care of someone to whom the horse is just a commodity to be discarded when no longer useful.  Or the trainers who would rather send one to the knackery than have someone else train it.

As in life,racing is full of double standards.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Mehe said:

Come on chief I havent call him a liar I said he tells fibs what he dose do maybe you should give Brodie some bdsm was told that he likes 

So chief keep sticking up for him 

Mehe, you can call me a plonker, tosser or anything you like, that doesn’t worry me if people have found that out!

However, do not call Brodie a liar, or agree with someone who has called me a liar, as Brodie does not tell lies 

If I quote something that someone doesn’t agree with or is being blatantly pedantic, doesn’t make me a liar!!!
If you don’t agree with something then no problem with that, but to try and have a crack at Brodie just because you think you can is not very helpful!

Show me where I have have called you a liar you still can read

I have said you tell fibs witch you do and also tell porkies so get with it 

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Edited by Mehe

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Are you serious? What has that got to do with the racing integrity unit?  Can you enlighten us as to which jurisdiction  it wouldn't be allowed to start?

To me we have here people moaning about connections who take good care of their horses and choose to continue to race one that is limited in ability. So what. How about they show the same level of concern in those who use performance enhancers which have negative impacts on the health of the horse.How about you take a look at those who discard their horses after racing with little thought as to their fate. Often the fate of a horse after racing lies in the hands of an owner who has no way of caring for a retired racehorse,or in the care of someone to whom the horse is just a commodity to be discarded when no longer useful.  Or the trainers who would rather send one to the knackery than have someone else train it.

As in life,racing is full of double standards.

Galah, I started this posting to get opinions on a rising 7 year old gelding with no dividend bearing placings in 42 starts!

The fact is that this horse has shown absolutely nothing in the last few years and has not finished in the first 10 in its last 7 starts!

You can say that it is the owners right to be blowing $20,000 plus each and every year for no return, but seriously what the hell is the point of it?

It is lining up again on Friday night and where is it likely to finish?

Someone says that the owner could be getting enjoyment out of racing it!

Are they kidding, they would probably get more enjoyment if they owned a horse that actually had some ability and was competitive!!

Surely the trainer Andrew Faulks should’ve said something to the owners by now?

Edited by Brodie

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:
2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Galah, I started this posting to get opinions on a rising 7 year old gelding with no dividend bearing placings in 42 starts!

The fact is that this horse has shown absolutely nothing in the last few years and has not finished in the first 10 in its last 7 starts!

You can say that it is the owners right to be blowing $20,000 plus each and every year for no return, but seriously what the hell is the point of it?

It is lining up again on Friday night and where is it likely to finish?

Someone says that the owner could be getting enjoyment out of racing it!

Are they kidding, they would probably get more enjoyment they owned a horse that actually had some ability and was competitive!!

What has it got to do with you nothing not your business 

28 minutes ago, Mehe said:

What has it got to do with Brodie?
Not Brodie’s business?

Mehe, Bit Of A Yarn, is the premier site in NZ for racing forums!

Racing forums or any forum is an avenue where people can express opinions and discuss things!

If you have no interest in a topic then don’t bother posting anything, whether it is semi intelligent or just to be a troll!

Since you have posted under the name of Mehe, all you have tried to do is be antagonistic towards Brodie!

Personally I have found that rather frustrating and the fact that much of it is extremely hard to understand a lot of it, makes it even more frustrating!

Should you wish to continue having a go at Brodie, I would suggest you have someone who has completed schooling, write it for you!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What has it got to do with Brodie?
Not Brodie’s business?

Mehe, Bit Of A Yarn, is the premier site in NZ for racing forums!

Racing forums or any forum is an avenue where people can express opinions and discuss things!

If you have no interest in a topic then don’t bother posting anything, whether it is semi intelligent or just to be a troll!

Since you have posted under the name of Mehe, all you have tried to do is be antagonistic towards Brodie!

Personally I have found that rather frustrating and the fact that much of it is extremely hard to understand a lot of it, makes it even more frustrating!

Should you wish to continue having a go at Brodie, I would suggest you have someone who has completed schooling, write it for you!!!!!

Brodie your s fuck wit 

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

Bit Of a form Improvement  from Averos Spitfire, as it ran inside the first 10, by running eigth!

Was approx.13 lengths from the winner but I can guarantee that it wont be finishing in a dividend bearing place anytime soon!

Would be favourite at the phar lap with a nice draw

On 8/06/2020 at 2:19 PM, Brodie said:

Averos  Spitfire is a rising 7 year old gelding.

He has now had 42 starts and has never ever filled a dividend bearing placing??????

Now, yes it is an owners right to pay a trainer and have their horse in work, but seriously?

The breeders are still the owners, and the horse is still being trained by Andrew Faulks!

There must me some story behind why owners would want to still be paying training fees for a horse that has never finished better than a 4th at Forbury Park in a very weak race,10 starts ago!

The formline of 0000000 hardly shows the likelihood of ever picking up a placing unless the field falls over!!

Would this be the worst Racing record ever by a standardbred for not ever running a placing?

I believe in giving a horse a chance to perform on the track, but seriously why would anyone waste their money on a horse that has absolutely no ability?????

What were you thinking when you saw it today?  $151 on  fixed odds,but looked like it was going to run 3rd until the last 40m. Not likely to win one,but did show improvement.

8 hours ago, the galah said:

What were you thinking when you saw it today?  $151 on  fixed odds,but looked like it was going to run 3rd until the last 40m. Not likely to win one,but did show improvement.

Yeah it did go much better.

Thought on the bend that maybe Brodie may not be on the money, but of course he is still on the money.

The horse has never run a dividend bearing placing And probably never will, despite the improvement.

Still question why you would be paying the training bill?

• Haha 1