Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

7 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Was that supposed to be an apology or sarcasm? You really are fucking me off now cunt!!!

Whiplash, if anyone is being personal, it is you!

There was never any intention whatsoever of offending anyone, whether it be Mr Faulks or the owners!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Whiplash, so you are saying that you feel that it is sensible for someone to race a 46 start 7 year old gelding that has never run a dividend bearing  placing?????

LOL - I'd be happy to take half the money they have spent to date and show them a damn sight more fun.  Hell even with a quarter of it I'd guarantee them the ownership in a winner!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Owners had 2 group one winners, that he never sold on, so hes in the black

So the owners feel that Averos Spitfire is worth persevering with still?

I am prepared to back myself, and say that this wont be their 3rd group 1 winner!

As for being in the Black, wouldnt think so?

Edited by Brodie

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

So on the basis that you dont think it is sensible, why on earth was I not allowed to question the logicality of it?

Because you single them out, you harp on about it like your some elite business racing guru! You insult the owners and trainer because you are so fucking clever you can read a stat sheet! These owners are elderly and enjoy racing,

Sorry they are affecting your new wave `Youth for racing campaign` Mark Purdon is a good trainer Brodie, He races and gets real good results, It would make sense for you to buy a horse and give it to him,

Hes not a thief or mental either! and then you can fuck up about the $1.20 shots that you dont bet on!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

Bullshit!  he targeted one specific horse! That horse has specific owners who dont deserve to be mocked by the same hypocritical fucktards who complain about the same pool of wealthy owners of the blue and white army claiming all the top trophies,

Comment on the horses performance!!! not publically question if the owners in ` Their semi right mind` for paying the the bills?

Thats a personal attack! How would you feel if I said ` look at galahs wife! I wouldnt fuck that ugly sack of shit with Harry the drunken hobos dick, But he married her and he pays the bills, Its not personal, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everybody is entitled to and has right to an opinion!!!!!

Fine line Galah! If you wanna do it, do it, dont fuck around with semantics asswipe!, inferring an honest person is a thief  and then mentally unstable!! IS PERSONAL AND INSULTING!! especially when its solely based on nothing more than the training mantra of Brodie! A meglomaniacal ginja real estate magnate! They are all about ethos arent they!

Hope you dont take this personally!

You criticise someone for what you say is personal criticism,then you go and do exactly that yourself.

If you had referred to my wifes looks as suggested in your example,i would know it was personal as i know it not to be true. But the proof you were wrong would be there for anyone to see,so i wouldn't waste my time reacting to you. If you did refer to me or my wife as a thief,then i would know you to have an ulterior motive to the lie,i would then be your enemy,and i would make a point of holding onto the contempt i had for you..Some say let it be,i say sometimes you have to embrace the hate as that is what is deserved.

But back aveross spitfire,i think it has improved since Brodies has started posting. And each time it runs it adds a bit of interest to the race it is in. I say go aveross spitfire,but i'm not holding my breath. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

You think it is an  attack on them, well it isnt, rather just pointing out in my unbiased opinion that there doesnt appear to too much sense in it!!!!!!

are you now suggesting there is not too much sense being shown in keeping this non place getter racing ?

58 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

LOL - I was just thinking through the list of trainers excuses I've heard over the years.  Maybe the trainer is saying - "He's definitely a Cup horse we just haven't figured him out yet."

or which cup

hoani jack probably a bit too competitive

Edited by Rangatira

50 minutes ago, the galah said:

But back aveross spitfire,i think it has improved since Brodies has started posting. And each time it runs it adds a bit of interest to the race it is in. I say go aveross spitfire,but i'm not holding my breath. 

Good point.  I would have never heard of the horse until Brodie mentioned it.  Not sure that is a good thing though.

horse racing GIF

Edited by Noodlum
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

LOL - I'd be happy to take half the money they have spent to date and show them a damn sight more fun.  Hell even with a quarter of it I'd guarantee them the ownership in a winner!

have you solely owned 2 group 1 winners Noodlum?  Please list your successes as you are very confident! doesnt have to be a jewels winner in a near record time?

Remember they breed their horses and have had their fair share of winners, Take your own money and go guarantee yourself a $100k group one winner, what no money? ask brodie you can go halves and show the harness world what its all about?

Thanks for your investment in the industry.

Edited by whiplash smile
more info

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

have you solely owned 2 group 1 winners Noodlum?  Please list your successes as you are very confident! doesnt have to be a jewels winner in a near record time?

The point I was making is for the money spent on this horse - for 25% of that you could guarantee a winner.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Remember they breed their horses and have had their fair share of winners, Take your own money and go guarantee yourself a $100k group one winner, what no money? ask brodie you can go halves and show the harness world what its all about?

Thanks for your investment in the industry.

Whiplash, I would guarantee that Noodlum or not too many others have ever bothered racing a horse for 46 starts and is still racing as a near 7 year old without ever paying a dividend.

I have no problem with you wantIng to defend a 7 year old gelding that has never paid a dividend after 46 starts!

Did I ever say it had no right to be racing if the owner wanted it to?

I posted the question as to why someone would want to still be racing the horse?

Is there a story behind this or what?

Why would an owner want to pay bills and watch the horse never go a good race????

Anyway no point debating it with you anymore  as you clearly have the need to support a horse that shouldve been retired 3 years ago!

I'm and old prick and some of you are probably older than me but have reasons and memories to why you follow this sport, when I got into harness racing I preferred the trotters and see old buggars like Dick Caskey have his battlers like Tornese, Tortuff and Torshant run around for me was more intriguing than seeing a short priced Rober Cameron trained horse winning  by 10 lengths....I remember going to Ascot Park seeing Dick's horses, they weren't well bred, looked a tad scruffy, a shabby looking sulky but generally would have good manners and battle away midfield and every now and then bob up for a place or the odd high priced wins.

I want to see the battler lob at $20 a place at Addington, it may not place again for another 10 starts but it gives a thrill to the owner and a belief it can happen again 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dougie said:

I'm and old prick and some of you are probably older than me but have reasons and memories to why you follow this sport, when I got into harness racing I preferred the trotters and see old buggars like Dick Caskey have his battlers like Tornese, Tortuff and Torshant run around for me was more intriguing than seeing a short priced Rober Cameron trained horse winning  by 10 lengths....I remember going to Ascot Park seeing Dick's horses, they weren't well bred, looked a tad scruffy, a shabby looking sulky but generally would have good manners and battle away midfield and every now and then bob up for a place or the odd high priced wins.

I want to see the battler lob at $20 a place at Addington, it may not place again for another 10 starts but it gives a thrill to the owner and a belief it can happen again 

Dougie, you hit the nail on the head!

Dick Caskey’s horses did run places and win despite the way they looked and paced or trotted.
Torle was one of his best, you never knew if it was pacing or galloping.

Averos Spitfire never has and even if somehow it did win, there wouldnt Be another one!!!

What thrill would owners really get from watching their  horse finish down the track every start?

then receive the training bill for thousands, knowing that there was no way of recouping any of it?

Edited by Brodie