Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

37 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Horse might be the stable GP? Owners aren't paying a cent to have it racing but are getting appearance money and who knows one day the unthinkable might happen...

If it's the GP for Missalyssa then it makes even more sense..

Lol, I would suggest that the owners are not getting any value, even if they arent paying training fees!!!!!!

Reality is that it is not anyones galloping pacemaker, unless someone can confirm otherwise.

If it was Mr Faulks galloping pacemaker then I would kindly suggest that they leave it  as such, as it is certainly not a successful racehorse!

To continue to race a horse with Such limited ability as a 7 year old gelding is crazy!

The gelding clearly doesnt enjoy racing and I would suggest that it Is not a GP and wouldn't like being a galloping pacemaker!!

If it was, then surely it would be a helluva lot fitter and stronger than it currently is???

41 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

If it's the GP for Missalyssa then it makes even more sense..

I doubt a galloping Aveross Spitfire could keep up with Missalyssa. 

It is always cool when horses suddenly hit their straps like her. I hope the same happens for the Spitfire even if it is for just one day when it wins or runs a placing.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, he is back!

Averos Spitfire back for another crack at getting a dividend bearing placing, after a brief respite!

Would love to see him run a place in his career, but not sure it is possible unfortunately!

Maybe Forbury, but just can not see it at Addington anytime soon!

Hope I am wrong but probably not!

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What's he paying - $101 a place?  Yeah na the NZ TAB would never offer that.

In fact the most you ever get on opening is $7.00 these days and about 51.00 on the win.

It is better to back the favourites you like on opening as quite often they have got those wrong and wait for the rough ones you like to drift.

TAB would be better off opening an option of will Averos Spitfire ever run a dividend bearing placing!

Got no idea why the horse is still being persevered with as a racing proposition, as it really isnt!

Not trying to demean anyone by continuing with this topic, but seriously why??
Would like to see one of the interviewers go and interview Andrew Faulks, as there must be something to the Averos Spitfire Tale!

33 minutes ago, Dougie said:

What's more amazing is there's 2 emergencies and hes not 1 of them ...

A few handy maidens in that field too, he did run 2nd at the workouts Saturday running home in 28.5, I guess Andrew will drive him.

A placing at last, in a 3 horse trial at Mot!

2.11 mile rate, he may be coming right, do you reckon?

Na!!

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

A placing at last, in a 3 horse trial at Mot!

2.11 mile rate, he may be coming right, do you reckon?

Na!!

Strange thing was last Sunday's maiden fields were weak compared to this race, if he'd run in the 2000m stand running a place was possibility.

Surely if they continue to run why not give a new junior driver whom struggles to get a drive a go- that Korbyn Newman looks to have a good future as does Olivia Thornley.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dougie said:

Strange thing was last Sunday's maiden fields were weak compared to this race, if he'd run in the 2000m stand running a place was possibility.

Surely if they continue to run why not give a new junior driver whom struggles to get a drive a go- that Korbyn Newman looks to have a good future as does Olivia Thornley.

Good idea Dougie, but even Blair run over a couple of markers at the start with this fella and man does that horse look like a fish out of water, so awkward!!  We should get Brodie to Bash him around the track!!!

• Haha 1

Who is writing the comments in regards to the horses now?????

Seriously, should be thinking about things before he/she writes them!

Averos Spitfire in race 4 on Sunday, 47 starts and never run a placing!!!

Comment reads:

Fifths in the formline have been good but hard to catch. first four blowout.

They are kidding arent they?

Really hard to catch, and really does anyone actually waste their money on a hkrse that never runs a place, and they comment “hard to catch” lol.

Jonny Cox back on Sunday and in a much better field than it has been running against!

First dividend bearing placing on Sunday for the connections?

Na, retire the horse as it is rather silly!!

Look on the bright side Brodie.  If it was Australia and the owner took a lay bet on the Spit he would be fined!

Did you see that?  A Thoroughbred owner backed his horse on the Tote to win and then took a lay bet.  Obviously hedging.  In OZ an owner is not allowed to lay their own horses!

In NZ our RIU betting analysts wouldn't know what a lay was!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Brodie said:

Fifths in the formline have been good but hard to catch. first four blowout.

Geezus.

Yet to be caught this great whale of the equine variety but I am excited about the day this horse runs a place. Truly am.

From a serious punting point of view, Le Tissier and Mighty Reactor will beat it home from the draws to begin with which leaves it filling one of two spots for the first 4. Anything is possible I suppose.

Ive just realised that if you take F.O you can have as little as a 1 cent to place lol!   Im gonna splash out at $0.50C plc Im sure 

HTP, , Rusty,  Dougie, Brodie, Noodlum, Mikey NZ, ,  and yes sneaky Brodster ($2.00 plc!) Happy(Boilover multi

$35,000) will do the same,  and Uncle Ranga (asleeepzz! and misses the good money!)

Thats providing we dont get our bets restricted!!!!

How boring has HR become that I have more anticipation and excitement about whether the Mighty Spitfire will plc than I am about the procession that is the NZ Cup (Barring Copy that!).

Happys multi!, The spitfire to finish in the first 10  ($24 ) x Claus PLC. ($3.00?) x Copy that ($3.50)

24 X 3 X 3.50 = $252 or 2 visits to `Just Babes` and a KFC Mega Pack!!!   or 4 champagne flutes of craft beer and an organic omelette and a vegan tofu sausage pie for Brodie and the Jaffas!!  Or a night in the cells for detox for `Professor Plonk!

• Like 3

Thursday or Friday night racing used to be great to watch!

Nowadays, you are right, the racing certainly not overly exciting!

Next to no promotion, fields far too even and you can not get much on even if you sort something out!

You would think the NZ TAB would follow Cindy and be KIND?

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Westeros won at big odds beating an All Star hotpot.

Every horse has its day....C'mon Spitfire!

Huge improvement from Westeros in a better field than it has been racing before!

Very good training performance to get a bit of a rogue into winning form!

Must be the beach training !

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 4:14 PM, Brodie said:

Yay, he is back!

Averos Spitfire back for another crack at getting a dividend bearing placing, after a brief respite!

Would love to see him run a place in his career, but not sure it is possible unfortunately!

Maybe Forbury, but just can not see it at Addington anytime soon!

Hope I am wrong but probably not!

Without knowing the specific reasons for why the owners Ross and Averill Pettitt continued on with Spitfire, I'm going to take a stab and suggest that they wanted to just keep enjoying racing one of the last Aveross (yes, the moniker is from their names) horses they would get to race together, seeing as a death notice was in the ODT for Ross today, having died on Tuesday aged 72 from cancer. I'll leave it there. 

• Champ Post 1

5 minutes ago, TheJolter said:

Without knowing the specific reasons for why the owners Ross and Averill Pettitt continued on with Spitfire, I'm going to take a stab and suggest that they wanted to just keep enjoying racing one of the last Aveross (yes, the moniker is from their names) horses they would get to race together, seeing as a death notice was in the ODT for Ross today, having died on Tuesday aged 72 from cancer. I'll leave it there. 

Very Sorry to hear that Ross passed away, Jolter.

Always a great leveller, and puts things into perspective.

Hopefully the horse goes a beauty tomorrow!

• Champ Post 1

On 8/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, Brodie said:

Huge improvement from Westeros in a better field than it has been racing before!

Very good training performance to get a bit of a rogue into winning form!

Must be the beach training !

Maybe the horse needs a big long straight like Methven to get wound up.,that's aveross I'm talking about.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1