Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

7 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Aveross Spitfire a good winner at the trials today. Strode to the lead and ran them into the dirt. 

Grass track the key perhaps.

Would be great if it could run a place due to recent circumstances!

Would need to draw in close from behind a mobile on the grass to have much chance though.

Would think the grass fields at Methven would be pretty strong so tou would need to be very brave to support it as it aint that brave!

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Would be great if it could run a place due to recent circumstances!

Would need to draw in close from behind a mobile on the grass to have much chance though.

Would think the grass fields at Methven would be pretty strong so tou would need to be very brave to support it as it aint that brave!

Interesting Brodie now all 48 starts are from the mobile, not a single standing start and going by HRNZ he's unruly from a stand.... must have really butchered the only 2 trials he had from a stand -other than yesterday. 

Going to be huge fields next Sunday, gunna even be hard for the Spitfire to get a start, you'd think with his form will be balloted out.

3 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

Garrick knight had story in Raceform about how the spitfire was being bagged by a real-estate  chch punter  and how Andrew Faulks will get the last laugh hope he wins for you Andrew

Lol. To be fair, unfortunately Averos Spitfire would need a helluva start for it to run a place at Methven on Sunday even though it has drawn the ace and should get a pretty good run!

Yes it won a trial there last weekend, but it did beat anything of any account, and  it led up and was the only one that was heavily under the whip!!

Ran no time and was flat at the finish, Counter Punch can you really say it ran them into the ground? Lol

Big step up from trials to raceday at Methven on a testing track!

Look, I honestly hope that it goes a great race for the connections, but will it pay a dividend,  Nah!

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1

To be fair, Brodie must clearly be on the money as usual!

This posting has so far had 6,700 views which seems to be the most viewed topic for a long while!

Everyone will be cheering the horse on so that it does run a place sometime, so that Brodie has egg on his face!

Is there anyone out there that thinks it is going to happen?

If so on what evidence, certainly not on its Trial win last Saturday at Methven?

If it was raceday, Andrew Faulks Would have been done for excessive use of the whip!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Lol. To be fair, unfortunately Averos Spitfire would need a helluva start for it to run a place at Methven on Sunday even though it has drawn the ace and should get a pretty good run!

Yes it won a trial there last weekend, but it did beat anything of any account, and  it led up and was the only one that was heavily under the whip!!

Ran no time and was flat at the finish, Counter Punch can you really say it ran them into the ground? Lol

Big step up from trials to raceday at Methven on a testing track!

Look, I honestly hope that it goes a great race for the connections, but will it pay a dividend,  Nah!

It could run a place given the draw? It is a weak field, no form. Bruce Negus trained Play By Ear only runner that has run a place recently. It's had to pick the winner in this race. Coin toss?

Edited by Davis
spelling
  • Like 1

It's going to get its chance, should be on the back of For Today for the whole trip. Stranger things have happened - especially at Methven. 

It's a very poor field. For Today should win. Khal Drogo is better than a maiden and my bolter for the week, President Pat is in there as well. 

The one thing that maybe makes Spitfire appeal for a place is the trip it will get and the fact its harder for horses to pick up speed on the grass, it generally is that one speed. Being on or near to the speed is half the battle on the grass these days, unless you have that real lightning turn of foot on the green top. Sister's Delight later in the day has the real high speed on grass.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

It's going to get its chance, should be on the back of For Today for the whole trip. Stranger things have happened - especially at Methven. 

It's a very poor field. For Today should win. Khal Drogo is better than a maiden and my bolter for the week, President Pat is in there as well. 

The one thing that maybe makes Spitfire appeal for a place is the trip it will get and the fact its harder for horses to pick up speed on the grass, it generally is that one speed. Being on or near to the speed is half the battle on the grass these days, unless you have that real lightning turn of foot on the green top. Sister's Delight later in the day has the real high speed on grass.

I'm just waiting for Brodie to put his tips in for the Methven Comp and show some courage and tip the Spitfire !!

Also hoping Foreigner gets a start.

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

You are probably right CP, it may well trail For Today!

However, its race record Is diabolical and surely does not warrant being in work?

Yes it is not a strong maiden field, but It is also not a strong horse.

Yes it won at the trials last Saturday on the Methven track but the time it ran for the last 400m and being under sufferance from that point hardly gives me encouragement that it can go any quicker on Sunday, and it will need to by quite a lot!
You have to realise that the driver wouldve been done for excessive use of the whip, had it been raceday, and it was onLy trials!

There are others in the field that are just far better horses.

From the draw if it trails and they dont go too quick in front, it could run 5th probably at best.

Hopefully it does run a place, as it would put my statement that it wont run a dividend bearing placing at rest, however just can not see it!

Go the mighty Spitfire!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I tell ya what Brodie you sure bring out the best people and the best of them!

CHief, could you interpret it for me?

Am I meant to have egg splattered on my face because John Dunn is going to fix the race so that a 48 start non placed maiden can run a place?

Yeah nah!

5 hours ago, retarded driver said:

I'm not joking.brodie is wrong.spitfire will put egg all over Brodie the liberal national extremest.

Would not think so Mr Tard!

On what basis do you think it can run its first dividend bearing placing, the fact that it has drawn 1?

The horse may have won at the Methven trials but it was not impressive, went a slow last quarter and was driven harder  than any other horse on the day, to win a trial?

The odds the Bookies are offering at $7 and $2.30 is just blatant  massive unders, for a horse that has never run a place in 48 starts!!!!!!!

Brodie is on the money

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

7s is to deter Garrick Knight from plundering the TAB coffers.

And if anyone actually takes 7s you need your head read, even it wins. 

Happy, the things in Averos Spitfires favour is the one draw and Jonny Cox in the cart!

You still have to have the ability and it will be reasonably hard  going on the Methven track tomorrow!

It was full out last Saturday and on the time it ran last Saturday it would finish 200 metres behind on what it will need to do tomorrow to win.