Bit Of A Yarn

42 starts- ZERO PLACINGS- What’s going on?

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

If the statutory takeout rate for the Win pool is 14.5% and the pool quoted above is $780 and a $1 unit is bet on one horse - what will the dividend be for that horse?  

Same question with the Place Pool where the takeout is 14.25% (don't know why they would be different) and the pool is $40 what will the place dividend be for one horse that only has $1 a place on it?

$780 win pool (and no dividend under minimum), $666.9 (so $666.90).

$40 place pool (and no dividend under minimum), $11.4333 rounded down to $11.40.

If the pool is a NZ event, the statutory deductions are 15.5 win and place.

If 15.5% is used for the two calculations, you would get dividends of $659.10 and $11.266 rounded down to $11.20

14.5 and 14.25 are the Tabcorp rates in effect for a Tabcorp hosted event, where we have decided to commingle. If we don't commingle, the event uses the NZ statutory rates.

Edited by mardigras

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Geez, why do people bet on the tote?

Good punters look for value and it doesn't matter where that value is however harder to pin it down on the tote especially with what we see here and the inordinate delay in updating the pools.  Final updates often don't happen until the race is half over!

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Geez, why do people bet on the tote?

The 'implied' deduction on fixed odds for racing is almost always higher on fixed odds than it is on the tote (at a point in time). The issue now is that the tote has become so severely bastardised by fixed odds, that the NZ pools don't handle any decent sized bets well. NZ racing did that to themselves.

Sort of the same with fixed odds as the TAB make the rules on what they will accept. They don't make such rules on the tote as far as I am aware. 

Edited by mardigras

7 hours ago, Mikie said:

What a waste of time

People try to explain things to you Brodie but you either can’t read, can’t comprehend or, as another very intelligent poster pointed out, you are just clueless 

Then you try your usual diversionary tactics by adding that you wouldn’t punt on the Tote

You’re never wrong are you?

Biden isn’t the next President of USA is he?

The TAB takeout looks about right, as the RoR of total T/O that Clubs earnt is just over 14% I understand

Mikie

Mikie, just shows that clueless and law abiding people can be very successful financially and otherwise!

Intelligence is over rated obviously

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Clueless and law abiding Mikie!!

That’s great

I’m sure 95% of posters who have read your posts agree on the clueless part

I think it is big of you to admit it, most people who are thick deny it

And I’m  sure we can take your word for it on the law abiding part

Mikie

• Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

4 hours ago, Mikie said:

That’s great

I’m sure 95% of posters who have read your posts agree on the clueless part

I think it is big of you to admit it, most people who are thick deny it

And I’m  sure we can take your word for it on the law abiding part

Mikie

Chief, am I allowed to say at least I am allowed on a race course?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You just have but to be fair I think Mikie has already posted that himself.  Any how there is no need for anyone to resort to getting personal to score points.  

Because I personally feel that if someone wants to call me clueless, then I will take that on board, and then offer some advice back!

40 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You just have but to be fair I think Mikie has already posted that himself.  Any how there is no need for anyone to resort to getting personal to score points.  

Chief, I do not say anything to score personal points!

If anyone was being personal it was not me, It was very hurtful and upsetting to be told that I had no clues!

I do not need to be accruing points for anything, I have already amassed enough points for my own good!

If someone thinks they need to be calling me clueless to take points from my total, then I will certainly be defending that!

Was there any need for someone to call me clueless when what I was doing was questioning the tote divs?

Edited by Brodie
  • Bad Post 2