Bit Of A Yarn

Oamaru...Hannon day

Ludwig

17 minutes ago, the galah said:

This type of reply i think pathetic. With all that has gone on in recent years,and you still have an attitude like that. 

Not much humour do ye have Galah!  So if YOU are being consistent you would expect every trainer to give a public explanation why they scratched their horse? 

• Champ Post 1

24 minutes ago, the galah said:

I have always believed every horse in training should have a log book specific to it,kept detailing any treatment ,whether veterinary or private ,that it receives. It should be a requirement that every vet and trainer has to meet. 

Most trainers do keep detailed records of significant treatments.  Of course you wouldn't expect them to record applying hopple chaf would you?  Do you draw a line?  

27 minutes ago, the galah said:

If there is to be true transparency, honesty and compliance then everyone should accept this. It would to a greater degree of confidence from trainers relating to a level playing field.i

So you want these "log books" published to achieve "true transparency, honesty and compliance"?  What a load of nonsense.  Do you extend this to individual feed regimes?  After all the biggest performance enhancements in recent decades has been in feed formulation.

If you think Racing is so inherently dishonest why do you bother with it?  Or is it in reality that you don't really care but just sit on the sidelines looking for the next conspiracy?

• Champ Post 1

15 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

Not much humour do ye have Galah!  So if YOU are being consistent you would expect every trainer to give a public explanation why they scratched their horse? 

Mocking someone is not humour.

2 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

Most trainers do keep detailed records of significant treatments.  Of course you wouldn't expect them to record applying hopple chaf would you?  Do you draw a line?  

So you want these "log books" published to achieve "true transparency, honesty and compliance"?  What a load of nonsense.  Do you extend this to individual feed regimes?  After all the biggest performance enhancements in recent decades has been in feed formulation.

If you think Racing is so inherently dishonest why do you bother with it?  Or is it in reality that you don't really care but just sit on the sidelines looking for the next conspiracy?

Now your just being pedantic to muddy the waters relating to what i am saying. Your not interested in transperency on subjects like this.

You know,your very good at saying i have said something,when in fact i have posted the opposite just prior to your post.  You do it all the time. 

And what is it about this topic? You have a story on the all stars web site relating to the Oamaru scratchings,which suggests the two top nz cup contenders have sore feet and are being rested. Then 5 days later they run at a trial where they run an exceptional time,and do so without appearing to raise a sweat. You can't help yourself to criticise anyone who treated the original story with scepticism.

My final comment on this subject is if a punter is to be successful they need to recognise patterns. Patterns for example where a driver is out of form,where a stable is consistently underperforming,where a stable has every horse perform in a way that suggests they have an edge ,legal or not. I would be more than happy to compare the results of my analysis to yours.It would show i am very good at reading patterns. Still you carry on with your head in the sand. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, the galah said:

which suggests the two top nz cup contenders have sore feet and are being rested.

"which suggests" - it doesn't specifically say that the two top NZ cup contenders are being rested.  In fact it specifically says in regard to two of those horses - "there is nothing to suggest their cup chances will be affected."  The latest report on their trial is that they were scratched because of "minor hoof issues" which they appear to be over.  Another article says that they had treatment and farrier work.

So it is more than feasible that a top trainer can fix a minor problem in a week.

31 minutes ago, the galah said:

And what is it about this topic? You have a story on the all stars web site relating to the Oamaru scratchings,which suggests the two top nz cup contenders have sore feet and are being rested. Then 5 days later they run at a trial where they run an exceptional time,and do so without appearing to raise a sweat. You can't help yourself to criticise anyone who treated the original story with scepticism.

But it is nothing out of the ordinary - it happens all the time.  With your extensive stable/training experience you would know that that is the case.  

32 minutes ago, the galah said:

My final comment on this subject is if a punter is to be successful they need to recognise patterns. Patterns for example where a driver is out of form,where a stable is consistently underperforming,where a stable has every horse perform in a way that suggests they have an edge ,legal or not. I would be more than happy to compare the results of my analysis to yours.It would show i am very good at reading patterns. Still you carry on with your head in the sand. 

Good luck with your "patterns"!  However "patterns" are only worthwhile if you include a measure of variation - from some of your recent posts on UDR it appears you don't.  Therefore your measure of chance is prone to error.

So Galah if you are looking for current patterns vs historical patterns you would be pleased that the All Stars have seem to got on top of what was causing the hoof/lower leg issues.  However I'd suggest that you factor into you "patterns" an allowance for the fact that it will probably take the younger horses longer to respond to any treatment but then you'd have to assume that the Allstars won't be starting them unless they are fit and ready.

• Haha 1