Bit Of A Yarn

Oamaru...Hannon day

Ludwig

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Only if they are betting,which a lot dont 

Do you think we should do away with the country tracks and race at Addington?

I think grass and the holiday meetings are important to keep racing part of the social fabric from which interested punters come.

How many owners would be happy to race around Addington all the time? I think owners in Oamaru, Nelson or Central Otago  etc are rapt to get to see their horse run in or near their home town.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Do you think we should do away with the country tracks and race at Addington?

I think grass and the holiday meetings are important to keep racing part of the social fabric from which interested punters come.

How many owners would be happy to race around Addington all the time? I think owners in Oamaru, Nelson or Central Otago  etc are rapt to get to see their horse run in or near their home town.

I'm happy for country clubs to be racing but most are run at a loss to the tab and are so weather dependent to get people there.

Omakau,Kaikoura,etc are no fun in the wet.So maybe we need to look at who covers costs  to the club and TAB

52 minutes ago, Richie said:

I'm happy for country clubs to be racing but most are run at a loss to the tab and are so weather dependent to get people there.

Omakau,Kaikoura,etc are no fun in the wet.So maybe we need to look at who covers costs  to the club and TAB

I think you have little idea Richie

Kaikoura contributes the most to the Industry

Addington would break even if HRNZ hadn't chucked them a sneaky extra $1,000,000

Auckland are subsidised by the Kaikouras, the Westports, the country Clubs

Mikie

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

What shit fields today, its a shame when you look back at the Hannon from years gone by. 

There is so much racing that the fields do become repetitive,many times the top class races have small fields,one thing I've noticed in recent years is when Westport race the main race seems to have smaller fields nowadays,so much racing in Cantwrbury less travel.

1 minute ago, mikeynz said:

There is so much racing that the fields do become repetitive,many times the top class races have small fields,one thing I've noticed in recent years is when Westport race the main race seems to have smaller fields nowadays,so much racing in Cantwrbury less travel.

And adding to that recently I do reckon that the southern gallops are producing better more interesting fields and racing

3 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I am aware that Westport is not cup class  and Canterbury is not Cantwrbury lol

13 hours ago, mikeynz said:

UMC,two last in two starts,has this horse lost his mojo?

To be fair, U May Collect was winning down south mostly, beating nothing!

Has won at Addington but didnt beat the best!

A very good horse but enthusiasts that were talking him as a Cup hope last year were dreaming!

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

A very good horse but enthusiasts that were talking him as a Cup hope last year were dreaming!

Is it that the horse is older and given its issues would have had a very long light build up and that it will take racing to get it fit?  Racing horses to get them fit has always been a part of harness racing although in recent times it has become the norm rather than the exception.  Covid-19 has made that worse.  Not everyone can afford to travel long distances to get to Addington twice a week!!

2 hours ago, Noodlum said:

What do you call it?

Thought if anyone was to ask that it would be you. i see hunter has done the same.

What do you think i mean?

How about we approach it from a different perspective. 

You tell me why you think every horse from this stable has lost 5 to 10 lengths performance wise since lockdown? Whats your answer?

The only exception from that stable is Watch me now who won last friday.However that is a horse who had won untested in its previous starts from a previous campaign and it was hard to gauge how good it was.

Next week it may all turn around and be back to normal.But i'm talking about the present.

So you tell me why?

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

He did win by distance and in good times but seems to be a horse that the luck's just not with him simple as that,the southerners have been thin on the ground in recent times but Robyn's Playboy does seem a good sort so something to get enthused about I guess

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On a slightly different note I see a horse called Hayden Bromac won

I remember a horse by that name staying at my stables 30 years ago

I would have lost a fortune to someone because I was sure that that horse won the Wellington Cup at Hutt Park after it travelled on 

My memory must be going, it didn't, I looked his record up

He did win an Ashburton Cup though

Mikie

11 hours ago, Noodlum said:

Is it that the horse is older and given its issues would have had a very long light build up and that it will take racing to get it fit?  Racing horses to get them fit has always been a part of harness racing although in recent times it has become the norm rather than the exception.  Covid-19 has made that worse.  Not everyone can afford to travel long distances to get to Addington twice a week!!

The horse was good winning down south winning them in a row!

All you can do is win, I suppose and has won at Addington, but was nkt up against the best and think its last win at Addington, it sat in the trail!

Yes it can run, but it was racing mainly Southland horses who are t in the same league as Canterbury gorses generally!

53 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The horse was good winning down south winning them in a row!

All you can do is win, I suppose and has won at Addington, but was nkt up against the best and think its last win at Addington, it sat in the trail!

Yes it can run, but it was racing mainly Southland horses who are t in the same league as Canterbury gorses generally!

Yew got the od smelling mistake dood.

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Thought if anyone was to ask that it would be you. i see hunter has done the same.

What do you think i mean?

How about we approach it from a different perspective. 

You tell me why you think every horse from this stable has lost 5 to 10 lengths performance wise since lockdown? Whats your answer?

The only exception from that stable is Watch me now who won last friday.However that is a horse who had won untested in its previous starts from a previous campaign and it was hard to gauge how good it was.

Next week it may all turn around and be back to normal.But i'm talking about the present.

So you tell me why?

never right and wrong again . what about ride in a Concorde winning last Friday  and stable mate running second in same race