Bit Of A Yarn

Oamaru...Hannon day

Ludwig

1 minute ago, mikeynz said:

Because to save punter losing money or tab risking losing there's?

They would think they were being set up so wouldn't risk it for their own sake.

A few weeks ago they were mentioning 10 and 50 dollar bets being placed so 10 000 would be out of their league.

From my observations and betting experience I would suggest a one dollar drop in a price for a horse would equate to about 50 dollars being put on the horse for the ff win but that is pure speculation on my part and I doubt there is any logic to the movement of the odds.

When you see something drop from say 17ff to 13ff on opening it doesn't really mean much these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If they can make the weight and haven't been drinking 😅

It must be hard being a jockey on race day walking past the barbies on a holiday meet and being tempted to have a steak and say fuck the racing lol, a bit like churchgoers of a certain religion who are fasting  before easter,I'd love to hide some nice hot KFC under the seats just to see if they can resist temptation during the service,coz when its comes to the belly and the ball bag we cant resist and give in to temptation lol.

Ps so I have been told😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A few weeks ago they were mentioning 10 and 50 dollar bets being placed so 10 000 would be out of their league.

From my observations and betting experience I would suggest a one dollar drop in a price for a horse would equate to about 50 dollars being put on the horse for the ff win but that is pure speculation on my part and I doubt there is any logic to the movement of the odds.

When you see something drop from say 17ff to 13ff on opening it doesn't really mean much these days.

It was just a generalization 

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

There is a thing called responsible gambling.

1 minute ago, mikeynz said:

When you see those purdon runners paying a dollar for a place then some have stacked a lot on, for what?

It is a safe bet because if the punter is lacking confidence then the All Star factor gives them the courage to put the bet on or the thinking is 'the all stars always win' so this bet will win too. That is why multis of All Stars on Jewels Days and Cup Week are so popular. 

The same punter would probably not put the same bet on if it was a McGrath or Dunn runner.

The NZ TAB restricts certain punters to be able to net a certain figure, irrespective of whether it is a 1.50 favourite or a $50 Outsider?

The amount I am allowed is not worth the effort, however when I do bet a wee bit on, they often save me money at the moment!

The NZ TAB policy of restricting certain punters to a pathetic amount is seriously flawed!

They have aLways got the advantage and always should be making money on every race!

They should be encouraging all punters to offload, however they are hellbent on having a good yield Rather than making a bigger profit!

The $46m betting platform has certainly not done the racing industry any favours, unless you are into punting on Korean Table Tennis or Russian Basketball!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, the galah said:

So the" number of cases of sore feet to hit the stable" only seem to effect the horses running on sunday,but not the 5 they have in tonight or the 7 they have in at auckland tomorrow,none of whom have been scratched?

Thats a mysterious coincidence.

no other stable having that problem . must be founded in the feet??

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

no other stable having that problem . must be founded in the feet??

My understanding it was only the two Hannon runners that had hoof problemo going by story now on website? I think the oringal story was badly written and it made sounded like all of the Purdon/Rasmusen stable had bad feet. The two that one last night looked to have no problem,s. 😊

On 17/09/2020 at 9:05 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

I am not exactly sure how the TAB works it. It is especially restrictive when the FF come out and I try to bet on something at odds. I am only talking in the low 2 figures, not even 3 figures.

I seem to have a limit on how much I can win at times too.

It is a mystery but it seems quite common among harness punters.

Some punters have limits on trots but not on gallops

• Haha 1