Bit Of A Yarn

Oamaru...Hannon day

Ludwig

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You think?

I type and then it bloody changes it on me!!!

To be fair you must have the same issues DUDE!!

In all seriousness I know what you mean,smartphone sometimes changes word,I do it too but I make sure I got it right before posting,sometimes anyway sometimes the word clue when typing is rather handy at times.

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

never right and wrong again . what about ride in a Concorde winning last Friday  and stable mate running second in same race

What about it. I have my own rating system and had marked both those horses down significantly in recent times. Even having done that they were rated the top 2 in what was a field with no form whatsoever. So no surprise they ran the quinella.

Where did i ever say they were not going to train their share of future winners?

You say wrong again. Just as you are about who i am.

Was i wrong when i posted about the d dunn drive at forbury which later became the subject of  official scrutiny, Was i wrong when i posted about  3 of the races that subsequently became the subject of operation inca.I have made the occasional post about some horses. The likes of sheriff ,arms of an angel. Horses like that it was so easy to predict their future well before it happened.  I posted multiple times about the dalgety horses, pre the cobalt positives, and said i thought that stable had some type of issue due  to their erratic ,sometimes distressed performance All that stuff is so easy to predict because its obvious.   

Call me what you want,but don't call me ignorant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

What about it. I have my own rating system and had marked both those horses down significantly in recent times. Even having done that they were rated the top 2 in what was a field with no form whatsoever. So no surprise they ran the quinella.

Where did i ever say they were not going to train their share of future winners?

You say wrong again. Just as you are about who i am.

Was i wrong when i posted about the d dunn drive at forbury which later became the subject of  official scrutiny, Was i wrong when i posted about  3 of the races that subsequently became the subject of operation inca.I have made the occasional post about some horses. The likes of sheriff ,arms of an angel. Horses like that it was so easy to predict their future well before it happened.  I posted multiple times about the dalgety horses, pre the cobalt positives, and said i thought that stable had some type of issue due  to their erratic ,sometimes distressed performance All that stuff is so easy to predict because its obvious.   

Call me what you want,but don't call me ignorant.

you paint a grim picture of harness racing . think your hiding in the wrong hedges 

20 hours ago, the galah said:

Thought if anyone was to ask that it would be you. i see hunter has done the same.

What do you think i mean?

How about we approach it from a different perspective. 

You tell me why you think every horse from this stable has lost 5 to 10 lengths performance wise since lockdown? Whats your answer?

The only exception from that stable is Watch me now who won last friday.However that is a horse who had won untested in its previous starts from a previous campaign and it was hard to gauge how good it was.

Next week it may all turn around and be back to normal.But i'm talking about the present.

So you tell me why?

You have only pointed out that a horse has not performed well in two races back.  You haven't offered any explanation why.  I have but you ignore that.  So what's your reasoning?

• Champ Post 1

On 17/09/2020 at 3:52 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Many All Stars Sidelined with Foot problems-racing team to take a step back

A number of All Stars horses will spend more time resting than racing in the next couple of weeks after a number of cases of foot soreness hit the stable.

“Our vet has recommended rest for a number of them after we took xrays of their feet” Natalie said.

“We haven’t been that happy with some of them for a while. When I worked the race team this morning they were all right but the work was not than that and we have decided to take this action and get it sorted. They were feeling the ground”

It means there will be no runners at Oamaru on Sunday and a limited number racing for perhaps a few weeks as measures are taken to restore the horses to full fitness.

“We have added sand to the main track and taken other measures but the tracks haven’t changed much so they are not the real problem. The xrays have shown us where the problem lies and it involves quite a few horses. It is what it is. We have to take action where we can”

At this stage there is no suggestion that the Cup chances of Spankem, Self Assured and Another Masterpiece are affected by the current situation but it will depend to some degree on what progress they make in the next couple of weeks. Time is on their side at this stage

It seems the foot soreness which required a couple of weeks rest was not as bad as they said. Did they re check the x rays?

Both spankem and self assured in at the trials 3 days after oamaru.

How do the scratching penalties work anyway. I thought the 5 day stand down they got meant a 5 day stand down. Or is it a claytons stand down.

14 hours ago, the galah said:

It seems the foot soreness which required a couple of weeks rest was not as bad as they said. Did they re check the x rays?

How do the scratching penalties work anyway. I thought the 5 day stand down they got meant a 5 day stand down. Or is it a claytons stand down.

Claytons.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, the galah said:

I haven't bothered to look it up, but I think you are incorrect

I am sure that the stand down period relates to tote races, not trials

Mikie

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

I haven't bothered to look it up, but I think you are incorrect

I am sure that the stand down period relates to tote races, not trials

Mikie

Maybe. Maybe you can scratch and then line up the same day,or next day at the trials.So much for a scratching penalty if that is the case.

Earlier in this thread i expressed my scepticism about the article relating to the all stars.

No one seems to comment on stuff like this. Don't know what they others are afraid of,or who they don't want to upset.

21 minutes ago, the galah said:

Maybe. Maybe you can scratch and then line up the same day,or next day at the trials.So much for a scratching penalty if that is the case.

Earlier in this thread i expressed my scepticism about the article relating to the all stars.

No one seems to comment on stuff like this. Don't know what they others are afraid of,or who they don't want to upset.

Probably because it isn't worth commenting on.  You take exception to Self Assured and Spankem being scratched.  Surely it is up to the trainer to decide what they do with their horses.  If the rules allow them to scratch then what's the problem?

You also don't know what treatment the horses have had between their last workout where they had sore feet and the trials.  Also a trial close to home (35min float trip) would be a lot softer than a race and a 3 hour float trip there and back.

The other thing is YOU don't actually comment "on stuff like this."  You just make inferences of wrong doing.  Have you ever trained horses?

Edited by Noodlum
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Noodlum said:

Probably because it isn't worth commenting on.  You take exception to Self Assured and Spankem being scratched.  Surely it is up to the trainer to decide what they do with their horses.  If the rules allow them to scratch then what's the problem?

Show me where i said i took exception to them being scratched.I couldn't care less about whether they scratched or not. The scratching rule is,and always has been a joke and open to manipulation and misinformation. This is just another example. I have posted about that for years now.

No doubt you are quite happy to be fed information which is then contradicted within a few days. 

You only care and comment, along with some others,when you can have a dig at the riu because your upset that they dare enforce the rules against someone you know or like. Give me a break.

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

No doubt you are quite happy to be fed information which is then contradicted within a few days. 

If you "couldn't care less" then why comment on it?

I'm quite happy to accept what has happened as not being abnormal.  Plus I don't believe they have contradicted themselves.  Here is a bit more information for you to speculate about:

Both were supposed to start in the Hannon Memorial at Oamaru on Sunday yet missed the race after having sore hooves from working on a track which has got unseasonably hard at the All Stars’s property.

That comes on top of Self Assured galloping so badly at his last start he tailed off and has been put on the unruly, which means he will in all likelihood be giving Copy That, and everybody else, a start in the $540,000 Cup at Addington on November 10.

Future punters are a jittery bunch and the fact Self Assured and Spankem were scratched will have tongues wagging as there is nothing punters like more than a good rumour.

But any long-term concerns about the pair should be allayed by the fact they are both in at the Rangiora trials today.

“They have had some farrier work done and are good to go so they can trial here and then race at Addington next week,” says Purdon.

“So this won’t affect their NZ Cup build-up at all, not this far out from the race.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

If you "couldn't care less" then why comment on it?

I'm quite happy to accept what has happened as not being abnormal.  Plus I don't believe they have contradicted themselves.  Here is a bit more information for you to speculate about:

Both were supposed to start in the Hannon Memorial at Oamaru on Sunday yet missed the race after having sore hooves from working on a track which has got unseasonably hard at the All Stars’s property.

That comes on top of Self Assured galloping so badly at his last start he tailed off and has been put on the unruly, which means he will in all likelihood be giving Copy That, and everybody else, a start in the $540,000 Cup at Addington on November 10.

Future punters are a jittery bunch and the fact Self Assured and Spankem were scratched will have tongues wagging as there is nothing punters like more than a good rumour.

But any long-term concerns about the pair should be allayed by the fact they are both in at the Rangiora trials today.

“They have had some farrier work done and are good to go so they can trial here and then race at Addington next week,” says Purdon.

“So this won’t affect their NZ Cup build-up at all, not this far out from the race.”

Firstly this article comments that the circumstances "will have tongues wagging".  So that contradicts your comment about my posting about something that "wasn't worth commenting on'". The article is itself an acknowledgement of the apparent contradictory comments which have come from the all stars. 

When the article  refers to" punters like nothing more than a good rumour ". Well maybe they should realise punters know when they are being fed spin,and that is how rumours start. That,and what i still call the claytons scratching rule,is why i have commented. 

Its good to see both these top horses are ready to go again,and i like all racegoers no doubt look forward to seeing them race again shortly.

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

Firstly this article comments that the circumstances "will have tongues wagging".  So that contradicts your comment about my posting about something that "wasn't worth commenting on'". The article is itself an acknowledgement of the apparent contradictory comments which have come from the all stars. 

It doesn't change that fact there is "nothing to see" and the only "tongues wagging" are the likes of yours.  The likes of who shout smoke where there is no fire.  Actually you particularly don't even state anything you just make inferences.

The article doesn't acknowledge anything it just provides more information and where is the contradiction?  The original article said that the issues wouldn't affect the Cup preparation of the two horses mentioned.

22 minutes ago, the galah said:

When the article  refers to" punters like nothing more than a good rumour ". Well maybe they should realise punters know when they are being fed spin,and that is how rumours start. That,and what i still call the claytons scratching rule,is why i have commented. 

How were punters "fed spin"?  Are you saying that the Purdon and Rasmussen were lying?  

21 hours ago, the galah said:

the galah is on the money scratched in Hannon time was 3.16 for 2600 metres and first and second at trials in 3.12 so wtf is going on???

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

the galah is on the money scratched in Hannon time was 3.16 for 2600 metres and first and second at trials in 3.12 so wtf is going on???

FFS HtP are you joining the conspiracy mob as well?

Between acceptances and scratching the two horses had a problem.  They were treated and had farrier work.  Then went to the trials and appear to be back on track.

What on earth could be the great conspiracy?  Shock horror inference rumour knock ya knees wear a tinfoil hat....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Noodlum said:

It doesn't change that fact there is "nothing to see" and the only "tongues wagging" are the likes of yours.  The likes of who shout smoke where there is no fire.  Actually you particularly don't even state anything you just make inferences.

The article doesn't acknowledge anything it just provides more information and where is the contradiction?  The original article said that the issues wouldn't affect the Cup preparation of the two horses mentioned.

How were punters "fed spin"?  Are you saying that the Purdon and Rasmussen were lying?  

Inferences or opinions. You can take it whatever way you want.

For example the all stars never made any specific reference to spankem and self assured in the original article as being amongst "a number of all star horses will spend more time resting than racing in the next couple of weeks".

Yet the writer of the article wrote it in such a way that it could be inferred those horses to be amongst those who were feeling the ground and had sore feet and would be briefly spelled.

As hunter has pointed out. They went an extremely fast time today,all within 5 days of the writer inferring they had sore feet and were being rested.

I'm not questioning the all stars training ability,just pointing out in my opinion  we may not have been told the actual reason for their raceday scratching. As i say,i expressed that opinion/inference as soon as the first article came out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

FFS HtP are you joining the conspiracy mob as well?

Between acceptances and scratching the two horses had a problem.  They were treated and had farrier work.  Then went to the trials and appear to be back on track.

What on earth could be the great conspiracy?  Shock horror inference rumour knock ya knees wear a tinfoil hat....

noodlum have you got something wrong with your memory?? made up stories like the horse wormer paste that blue up all the horse necks .the p smokers  come on 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, the galah said:

I'm not questioning the all stars training ability,just pointing out in my opinion  we may not have been told the actual reason for their raceday scratching. As i say,i expressed that opinion/inference as soon as the first article came out. 

But what could the "real reason" be if it isn't what was stated?  All you've done is "ooohhh look I smell something and I think it's smoke".  

In my opinion the reason given sounds perfectly reasonable.  If it isn't as you infer why aren't the RIU hiding in the hedges and then testing all their horse's and giving INCA a chance to maybe finally score a goal?

Edited by Noodlum

11 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

noodlum have you got something wrong with your memory?? made up stories like the horse wormer paste that blue up all the horse necks .the p smokers  come on 

Well your memory seems selective HtP.  The Allstars give a credible reason why their horses were scratched and you join the rumour mill.  But then try to defend McGrath!

As for the P crew - good question but isn't that one for the RIU to answer?  

As for the wormer paste I'm not across that "made up story" as you call it.

As an aside .

I have always believed every horse in training should have a log book specific to it,kept detailing any treatment ,whether veterinary or private ,that it receives. It should be a requirement that every vet and trainer has to meet. 

The riu should be directed to do cross audits to confirm record keeping is accurate.

If there is to be true transparency, honesty and compliance then everyone should accept this. It would to a greater degree of confidence from trainers relating to a level playing field.i

30 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

La Reina Del Sur scratched from the Trotter Sires Stakes Prelude this week.

Was raped by a unicorn! Got the report this morning from the flying pig!

This type of reply i think pathetic. With all that has gone on in recent years,and you still have an attitude like that. 

• Like 1