Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

I dont want to do Garrick out of a job, but i have done my own digging. 

Amazing who has been interviewed, i have names but wont mention, but it is across the board in the harness game.

Will say this, they all seem to be mates of mates, relations or tied up in other ways. I suppose this was always going to be a problem for canterbury with such a close knit group. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Amazing who has been interviewed, i have names but wont mention, but it is across the board in the harness game.

Will say this, they all seem to be mates of mates, relations or tied up in other ways. I suppose this was always going to be a problem for canterbury with such a close knit group. 

many more interviews than arrests

Edited by Rangatira

46 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Which makes me think this could turn into a circus and there will be a huge legal grey area to traverse or wade through.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Which makes me think this could turn into a circus and there will be a huge legal grey area to traverse or wade through.

One must assume the police have the capabilities of properly investigating said activity and I see no reason to say it will turn into a circus.  The cases in Australia are examples of where charges laid were proved.  Sure there may be charges laid that may be withdrawn,additional charges laid, plea deals done,etc,etc but the only reference to a circus I can see happening would be the totally understandable media attention it gets.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

One must assume the police have the capabilities of properly investigating said activity and I see no reason to say it will turn into a circus.  The cases in Australia are examples of where charges laid were proved.  Sure there may be charges laid that may be withdrawn,additional charges laid, plea deals done,etc,etc but the only reference to a circus I can see happening would be the totally understandable media attention it gets.  

they  are at the moment hence  it just gets bigger and bigger 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Ha! Close-knit you say.- bordering incestuous i reckon! ? ... 

So NM - what about the link with the galloping ppl? Or has the TB man in tbe CD just got involved as a result of his hospitality for the trotting guys when they venture north for the circuit up there?

Any more gallops ppl in the mix you think?

8 hours ago, jess said:

So NM - what about the link with the galloping ppl? Or has the TB man in tbe CD just got involved as a result of his hospitality for the trotting guys when they venture north for the circuit up there?

Jess, 

I have heard nothing about the TB man,  so   Wont comment on that.

But as we have seen  around the world, many want to win while  gambling at all cost. Throw in a truckload of drugs, young mates that think they are bullet proof, and this is what you get. 

Will be interesting to see who spreads the beans from those arrested. I dont think they should take the brunt of it, tell the truth. 

8 hours ago, jess said:

Jess - can you whip down to the courthouse today to see what the 'guts' is???

24 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

At the moment it appears to be 11 people of interest on the harness side and you would think it’s only time before the Throughbreds names start coming out in the wash. 

Harness would have to reach 20 at least and throughbreds well I would hate to guess

Why do we think that there are going to be a lot more to come?

Surely they would’ve talked questioned anyone of interest by now and been charged?

There is possibly one or two more but can’t see more or they would’ve been charged!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why do we think that there are going to be a lot more to come?

Surely they would’ve talked questioned anyone of interest by now and been charged?

There is possibly one or two more but can’t see more or they would’ve been charged!

Depends who tells i suppose. Lets put it this way, if a race has been set up, its hardly only a few involved is there. Be a wider group betting, so lets see what info cops have. No doubt they will be looking at betting from all agencies in aus as well, could take a while. Could be the best thing that ever happens to canterbury harness

7 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

29FA83F8-7177-4B92-AE93-FC629C5179BD.jpeg

8C180E83-9DA1-45CC-A080-FFB4BA0C93DF.jpeg

You have to be kidding don’t you?

Andrew been charged 3 times for returns of about 1k each time?????

What an absolute waste of time if this is what is going to be a typical exampl e of this so-called race fixing.

How on earth can Andrew Stuart be found guilty of race fixing on 2 of Mark Jones Horses when he isn’t driving or training them?

If this is a typical example then it is going to be a circus seriously.

I know it is early days but really 1k each time hardly STUARTGATE!!!!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1
  • Confused 1

Brodie, for somebody who tells everybody your on the money, you let yourself down. 

Its irrelevant how much he stood to profit, if proven its a terrible look for the game. 

Do you think he did it all by himself?? Who else was involved, how much for them. Come on, your making yourself look bloody stupid, from your first post on this thread. 

• Like 2