Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

2 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

well you are now lying, or your memory is failing you

Everyone’s memory is not as good as it used to be!

Brodie doesn’t lie ever!

What have I lied about????

A lie is an untruth, I don’t believe I have said anything that I beleive is not true!

31 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Nat up to her eyeballs in the the drugs side of this:// wonder who was smoking p on the way to the jewels!! Purdon fined $15000 for positive on dream about me in aus, involved in blue magic scandal....come on they  aren't squeaky... and if you haven't witnessed their team driving you are blind, (thats not to say other leading stables don't do it)Time the whole lot was cleaned out and I can bet with confidence again

flagship, you should be carefull what you are suggesting.

Natalie according to media reports is charged with possession of class b drugs.  p or meth is class a. 

my reference to cheating was post blue magic and my point was in relation to cheating / fixing

the all stars as far as i know have not been charged with team driving.  whilst the industry allows stables to enter multiple runners, this  will always be a grey area

i agree however with your sentiments and understand what you are saying

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Brodie doesn’t lie ever!

A lie is an untruth, I don’t believe I have said anything that I beleive is not true!

you are saying that you have not accused the all stars of cheating.

i recall on multiple occasions you have.

if i cared enough i would go over old posts, but im not that sad, im young enough to remember what i have seen.

anyway its a waste of time, i was just calling you out. i know you are passionate about the industry and you are standing up for what you believe is right, i admire that.

you just leave your argument short on merit when you contradict yourself.

4 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

you are saying that you have not accused the all stars of cheating.

i recall on multiple occasions you have.

if i cared enough i would go over old posts, but im not that sad, im young enough to remember what i have seen.

anyway its a waste of time, i was just calling you out. i know you are passionate about the industry and you are standing up for what you believe is right, i admire that.

you just leave your argument short on merit when you contradict yourself.

My side of any story is always well reasoned despite some people not agreeing.

You can call Brodie out anytime you like, MarkyMark, however Imwould like to see where I said that a stable Cxxxxxd.

See I cant even say that word.

Instead of sorting out some winners for Addington Friday night, have a look for when I said that a stable Cxxxxxd!!!!

13 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

flagship, you should be carefull what you are suggesting.

Natalie according to media reports is charged with possession of class b drugs.  p or meth is class a. 

my reference to cheating was post blue magic and my point was in relation to cheating / fixing

the all stars as far as i know have not been charged with team driving.  whilst the industry allows stables to enter multiple runners, this  will always be a grey area

i agree however with your sentiments and understand what you are saying

marky you forgot jewels and  the p sable hands

• Champ Post 1

To those who have bagged the Police & the standard of the investigation & the fact that there's too much fuss about too $mall an issue ....etc etc

I have no idea the quality of the evidence - what charges will stick - what people will go down. 

But one thing I do take some comfort in, is that this time, the artbiter of matters will be a District Court Judge.  And I doubt a District Court Judge would buy a defence of the quality such as a derby horse grazing with the dairy cows and thereby ingesting a prohibited substance from their troughs ..

So at this stage I am prepared to sit back & let justice take its course.  Innocent until proven guilty.  But there is no place for cheats in the game IMO - so if cheating is established - I think those people should have to look for another occupation.   

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 4

2 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

marky you forgot jewels and  the p sable hands

no didnt forget mate, i didnt comment because i dont know if the two cases are related. related in terms of if there is any connection between the stable staff using p, and what natalie is being charged for.

it sets a terrible precedent though, do as i say but not as i do,

but they were class a drugs, and rightfully dismissed.

Natalie from what i understand is charged with class b drugs, and i believe from what i have read, she nor the all stars are not implicated in fixing.

only going by what i have read.

what i will add though, whilst drugs are a demon, and im ok admitting i have also had my troubles with them (long ago, say this as i can relate), its a very difficult addiction, it does not reflect at all well on the industry that its leading trainers are so heavily implicated in this.  would a potential new owner of integrity want to invest in an industry which is tainted with drugs, cheating and corruption?

I must also add, my opinion of Mark Purdon and the all stars has diminished.  Because surely Mark mast have known Natalie is using class b drugs, you would surely think so.

he is happy to fire his employees for using p and contaminating his horses (fair enough), but Natalie is ok to use illegal substances? and continue in the operation.

and this is meant to be our leading stable in NZ

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

no didnt forget mate, i didnt comment because i dont know if the two cases are related. related in terms of if there is any connection between the stable staff using p, and what natalie is being charged for.

Natalie from what i understand is charged with class b drugs, and i believe from what i have read, she nor the all stars are not implicated in fixing.

what i will add though, whilst drugs are a demon, and im ok admitting i have also had my troubles with them (long ago, say this as i can relate), its a very difficult addiction, it does not reflect at all well on the industry that its leading trainers are so heavily implicated in this.  would a potential new owner of integrity want to invest in an industry which is tainted with drugs, cheating and corruption?

I must also add, my opinion of Mark Purdon and the all stars has diminished.  Because surely Mark mast have known Natalie is using class b drugs, you would surely think so.

he is happy to fire his employees for using p and contaminating his horses (fair enough), but Natalie is ok to use illegal substances? and continue in the operation.

How would Mark know what Nat is doing.I believe they live in separate places on the property and hardly see each other outside of work

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jess said:

To those who have bagged the Police & the standard of the investigation & the fact that there's too much fuss about too $mall an issue ....etc etc

I have no idea the quality of the evidence - what charges will stick - what people will go down. 

But one thing I do take some comfort in, is that this time, the artbiter of matters will be a District Court Judge.  And I doubt a District Court Judge would buy a defence of the quality such as a derby horse grazing with the dairy cows and thereby ingesting a prohibited substance from their troughs ..

So at this stage I am prepared to sit back & let justice take its course.  Innocent until proven guilty.  But there is no place for cheats in the game IMO - so if cheating is established - I think those people should have to look for another occupation.   

The District Court Judge was not impressed with the Police for speaking to media prior to the accused appearing in court today.

I totally agree and it should apply to the many on here that have treated the accused as guilty before they have a fair trial!

Many of you have now been told off!

• Champ Post 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Brodie doesn’t lie ever!

Brodie

ive worked out your obvious thought process - it goes thus “if I can’t remember then it never happened “

Sums you up really

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Richie said:

How would Mark know what Nat is doing.I believe they live in separate places on the property and hardly see each other outside of work

you would assume they work closely together? to be running new zealands most successful training operation, you would assume as business partners they would be working very long hours together, is that a unreasonable asumption?

if someone is on drugs, their behavior on drugs is in most cases, very different to their behaviour when sober. i would have thought it would have been obvious to mark.

i dont think i could believe, that as closely as they would work together, that Mark did not know Natalie was using drugs

• Like 2

and the question must also be asked, with drugs now being so prevalent in this industry, and already Natalie, and other drivers accused of being in possession of drugs, you would naturally think they would be using.

how rigorous is drug testing on drivers?

are drivers in races competing under the influence?

whilst this is not fixing, its a real shame as it only reflects poorly on the industry.  its an industry that is reliant on investment (owners and punters) and this will do nothing for their confidence.

43 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

From memory (from the now amended Stuff reports) she has been charged with supplying a class B drug - much worse than mere possession .....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

i dont think i could believe, that as closely as they would work together, that Mark did not know Natalie was using drugs

I do not recall reading that anyone was "using" drugs.

I did read that at least some are being charged for supply of drugs.

Every dealer doesn't use....

14 minutes ago, Belle said:

Brodie

ive worked out your obvious thought process - it goes thus “if I can’t remember then it never happened “

Sums you up really

Belle, I am impressed that you think that I have a thought process.

Yes everything is well thought out before I shoot from the hip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1