Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

Just now, Taku Umanga said:

From memory (from the now amended Stuff reports) she has been charged with supplying a class B drug - much worse than mere possession .....

i recall that being the case, i knew she was at least in possession.

and if you deal in a substance, you are also likely to be using it aswell

3 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I do not recall reading that anyone was "using" drugs.

I did read that at least some are being charged for supply of drugs.

Every dealer doesn't use....

no, but over 90% of them would id say. especially dealing class b substance. 

class a, yes you hear supply but not using. but i have never heard of a dealer supplying class b not using. 

maybe a little bit about what Michael Geurin termed "recreational drugs" when this all broke out....

Ecstasy has been around for 20+ years. It has a low/nilthreshold in terms of testing positively in the blood post 24 hrs

It isn't evil in fact Sting said legalise it https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=sting+says+legalise+ecstasy&rlz=1C1CHBF_enNZ735NZ735&oq=sting+says+legalise+ecstasy&aqs=chrome..69i57.23255j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

However it is deemed illegal by law. Keep in mind that by this time next year cannabis will be 100% legal in Canada and legal to 50% of all Americans who live in States that approve its use. 

The Policeman had a bemused look when he shared that the charges would relate to race fixing and, um, drug charges.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dubbie said:

maybe a little bit about what Michael Geurin termed "recreational drugs" when this all broke out....

Ecstasy has been around for 20+ years. It has a low/nilthreshold in terms of testing positively in the blood post 24 hrs

It isn't evil in fact Sting said legalise it https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=sting+says+legalise+ecstasy&rlz=1C1CHBF_enNZ735NZ735&oq=sting+says+legalise+ecstasy&aqs=chrome..69i57.23255j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

However it is deemed illegal by law. Keep in mind that by this time next year cannabis will be 100% legal in Canada and legal to 50% of all Americans who live in States that approve its use. 

The Policeman had a bemused look when he shared that the charges would relate to race fixing and, um, drug charges.

Dubbie, 

Welcome to this site, but i am not too sure that something Sting has said holds much sway, maybe we need a speech from The Rolling Stones, see if drugs make you fall from a coconut tree? 

Look at Mexico, drugs are legal in small amounts, yet people are killed daily. 

DF254E58-FF91-4E31-9FCE-D242C3F0DE32.jpeg

• Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Dubbie said:

so it has low threshold after 24 hrs so is it being used in horses?

• Like 1

On 11/09/2018 at 6:08 PM, Flagship uberalles said:

Nat up to her eyeballs in the the drugs side of this:// wonder who was smoking p on the way to the jewels!! Purdon fined $15000 for positive on dream about me in aus, involved in blue magic scandal....come on they  aren't squeaky... and if you haven't witnessed their team driving you are blind, (thats not to say other leading stables don't do it)Time the whole lot was cleaned out and I can bet with confidence again

These are the only 5 words that are factual in that post, Involved in blue magic scandal. Absolutely no drugs on the way to Jewels, Has never had a Positive in Australia with Dream about Me (You should check that before making erroneous statements) and team driving a figment of imagination to people that lose or don't like backing winners.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kane21 said:

These are the only 5 words that are factual in that post, Involved in blue magic scandal. Absolutely no drugs on the way to Jewels, Has never had a Positive in Australia with Dream about Me (You should check that before making erroneous statements) and team driving a figment of imagination to people that lose or don't like backing winners.

Treating a horse with a substance banned on race day  is a positive in my book, a $15000 dollar fine is somewhat of a hefty fine for nothing don't you think?

• Champ Post 2

Guest CrossCodes
19 minutes ago, Kane21 said:

I'm an Allstar fan through and through, but to say there's no team driving involved is laughable!

43 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Treating a horse with a substance banned on race day  is a positive in my book, a $15000 dollar fine is somewhat of a hefty fine for nothing don't you think?

I'm sorry I didn't realize you could get a positive without swabbing the horse, I thought the fine was for treating it with its own serum the day before a trial I must have read the judicial decision wrong, I think you can still google it.

14 minutes ago, Kane21 said:

I'm sorry I didn't realize you could get a positive without swabbing the horse, I thought the fine was for treating it with its own serum the day before a trial I must have read the judicial decision wrong, I think you can still google it.

I think you're right .... but funny how it's against the rules all over the world (so I''m told) but not in NZ? 

1 hour ago, Kane21 said:

Was it legal to inject serum before the trial? Was the huge fine just for a small misdemeanor? Were you on the horse truck ?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I'm an Allstar fan through and through, but to say there's no team driving involved is laughable!

Agree,but that is what happens when you have below average Stewards policing the industry and that is in both codes.

Mike Godber is clueless and clearly out of his depth in his role.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 4

On 13/09/2018 at 7:40 PM, Flagship uberalles said:

Was it legal to inject serum before the trial? Was the huge fine just for a small misdemeanor? Were you on the horse truck ?

No, it's not legal to inject anything a day before a trial or race same here in NZ. The stable hands were drug tested before they left Chch one refused the test the other returned positive to P and Cannabis the trainers got the results when they were on the truck and therefore did not want to lose a Jewels race because of P very smart I would say after reading about Chris Waller's horses testing positive to Methamphetamine and being fined $30000. They were dismissed immediately. Do you think the stable hands took the owners investment into account whilst abusing themselves with drugs, they couldn't care less but the trainers obviously did. How would you feel winning a $200K race and losing it because the stable hand took P

19 minutes ago, Kane21 said:

No, it's not legal to inject anything a day before a trial or race same here in NZ. The stable hands were drug tested before they left Chch one refused the test the other returned positive to P and Cannabis the trainers got the results when they were on the truck and therefore did not want to lose a Jewels race because of P very smart I would say after reading about Chris Waller's horses testing positive to Methamphetamine and being fined $30000. They were dismissed immediately. Do you think the stable hands took the owners investment into account whilst abusing themselves with drugs, they couldn't care less but the trainers obviously did. How would you feel winning a $200K race and losing it because the stable hand took P

How would you feel , just for arguments sake if  your trainer was dealing in drugs? Would you feel that trainer was taking your investment into account?

There are a lot more questions than answers at the moment and hopefully sooner rather than later we can get them answered so we can all move on

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

How would you feel , just for arguments sake if  your trainer was dealing in drugs? Would you feel that trainer was taking your investment into account?

There are a lot more questions than answers at the moment and hopefully sooner rather than later we can get them answered so we can all move on

Sorry I was a bit presumptuous to get an answer however in answer to how I would feel I would be more upset with a trainer who farmed my horse for six months than worrying about two pills handed out.