Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

21 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Those charged have been banned by the Racing Integrity Unit from attending or betting on harness races.

Stuff

so that means it is ok for Wall to still be the race manager at Awapuni

that is the same as saying that the woman that ripped off Land Transport for millions is ok to work in the finance Dept, of Air NZ as it was land transport she ripped.

" All in all, he's just another prick, is Brent Wall " sang  Pink Floyd

Edited by Poisoned Dwarf
factual
  • Champ Post 1

I think you have to take the $$ figures mentioned "with a grain of salt".

On one charge the $1400 may be an exact figure, but the "over $1000" may be just a threshold for the exact charge laid ..... that is, a lesser penalty may be for a charge "under $1000" and greater penalty for a charge "over $1000" .....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Belle said:

Brodie

u are a simpleton judging from your comments on this thread. You clearly have no idea of police procedures as it relates to a major inquiry such as this. The planing detail, co ordination of warrants for a co ordinated execution on various properties, the obtaining and securing of evidence is way above your ‘pay scale’.

i suggest you refrain from commenting on actions you have no clue about.

in law to undertake an arrest you need Prima Facie evidence of a crime. The issue of proof will in these instances will be left to 12 people similar to you.

in conclusion I do note that you are prone to blowing your trumpet - I have to ask myself does the lift go to the top floor

brodie did you just get scalded by a girl

• Haha 1

Strange that so many still want name suppresion, its been splashed all over the media, everyone knows who they are, yet they are still fighting, bizzare. 

Have to give Andrew Stuart a bit of credit for not battling for name suppresion. 

Now, here is my thinking on this. If i was arrested, and was innocent, i would want this quickly dealt with, name is known so what is the use of name suppresion, so some sort of normality can resume. 

If i was arrested, but guilty, well yes, i would fight for name suppresion, lawyer would be buying time, trying every trick in the book to find loopholes to weasle out. 

Going to be a long drawn out process, that is gonna cost heaps in lawyers bills, but i suppose it is your job, which pays the family bills. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Strange that so many still want name suppresion, its been splashed all over the media, everyone knows who they are, yet they are still fighting, bizzare. 

Have to give Andrew Stuart a bit of credit for not battling for name suppresion. 

Now, here is my thinking on this. If i was arrested, and was innocent, i would want this quickly dealt with, name is known so what is the use of name suppresion, so some sort of normality can resume. 

If i was arrested, but guilty, well yes, i would fight for name suppresion, lawyer would be buying time, trying every trick in the book to find loopholes to weasle out. 

Going to be a long drawn out process, that is gonna cost heaps in lawyers bills, but i suppose it is your job, which pays the family bills. 

A mate who was at the court today said apart from the reporting coming direct from court the the judges biggest telling off of the day went to Martin Van Beyen for publishing the names of several people before it went to trial.

He reckoned Police also got a blasting for briefing the press.

• Champ Post 3

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

the media have behaved disgracefully to date

Did consider going to court today, while it would have been interesting, i didnt think they needed more eyes on them at a difficult time. None i would call mates, but a few i have met on several occasions. And before anyone asks, no i have never texted, called or been given a tip from them. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

A mate who was at the court today said apart from the reporting coming direct from court the the judges biggest telling off of the day went to Martin Van Beyen for publishing the names of several people before it went to trial.

He reckoned Police also got a blasting for briefing the press.

What about Garrick Knight and Mick Guerin,both were tweeting names well before any article on stuff

• Champ Post 1

49 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Your post stinks of hypocrisy. You have on multiple occasions on race cafe accused the all stars of potentially cheating with no facts to back up your claims. Yet look were you stand now.

While some of these figures may have done some good for the industry, if fixing in anyway shape or form is proved correct, then this outweighs the good.

It stuffs the reputation of the industry, and has a negative spin off effect. Such as innocent trainers potentially missing new owners to the game because of the reputation these idiots have made for the industry. The scale of their fu## ups could be felt for a long time and affect every participant.

I have agreed with many of your posts and sentiments but you are letting yourself down badly here

Firstly, hypocrite maybe, I will take that on board.

I realise that I am in the minority here by a big way, but Brodie always sticks up for what he thinks is fair, as you well know.

I am not going to say that I am wrrrrrrrrrrrooonnnng, because I have difficulty saying that word.

I am definitely just trying to wait and see if these so-called offences that many of our harness racing elite have actually occurred.

I will never put the boot into anyone when nothing has been proven!!

Anyway, not going to,say much more until the charges are known better!

I don't think it will be a fatal blow,it actually should be the opposite if handled properly by those in charge.

Its quite simple. Sell the message that dishonesty and corruption will not be tolerated,

Just as simple , Take the necessary actions to enforce the message above.

No one is bigger than the game.  Everyone involved in these cases have tainted the way they are perceived.   

No one has been found guilty yet,so we must be tempered in our responses but it is understandable the level of outrage at being deceived, from participants,punters and the public .

If some are found guilty then their will be comebacks in years to come. With the natural talent some have they will again be very successful,if they want to be. 

At the end of it all,when the dust settles,irrespective of court outcomes, there is a need for Harness leaders to work out how all this came about,and why there has been an attitude,as clearly evidenced by some posters on here, that this type of activity has always been in harness racing and its just the way it is, unbelievably even acceptable.  Therein is part of the answer.

Just as the blue magic case was inevitable, so was this case. Its just the scale  and those involved that has surprised and bewildered everyone.

If I  was edward rennell I would be working with industry leaders  and the government to set up some type of independent person or judge to investigate and understand how it got to this, what and who's actions or inactions have contributed to the current situation. The said report could then produce recommendations for the future and detail the oversight of some groups performances to achieve the required standards.. This may have to wait until some of the dust has settled ,but planning needs to start now.

Cometh the moment cometh the  man. The pressure is now on Mr rennell to be just that.  He wont be able to do it on his own.    The message of the media has to be turned,the sooner that happens the better. Unfortunately there may have to be sacrifices, but the perception of the current situation can be turned around. So many positives can comes out of all this. That message needs to start very soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

I don't think it will be a fatal blow,it actually should be the opposite if handled properly by those in charge.

Its quite simple. Sell the message that dishonesty and corruption will not be tolerated,

Just as simple , Take the necessary actions to enforce the message above.

No one is bigger than the game.  Everyone involved in these cases have tainted the way they are perceived.   

No one has been found guilty yet,so we must be tempered in our responses but it is understandable the level of outrage at being deceived, from participants,punters and the public .

If some are found guilty then their will be comebacks in years to come. With the natural talent some have they will again be very successful,if they want to be. 

At the end of it all,when the dust settles,irrespective of court outcomes, there is a need for Harness leaders to work out how all this came about,and why there has been an attitude,as clearly evidenced by some posters on here, that this type of activity has always been in harness racing and its just the way it is, unbelievably even acceptable.  Therein is part of the answer.

Just as the blue magic case was inevitable, so was this case. Its just the scale  and those involved that has surprised and bewildered everyone.

If I  was edward rennell I would be working with industry leaders  and the government to set up some type of independent person or judge to investigate and understand how it got to this, what and who's actions or inactions have contributed to the current situation. The said report could then produce recommendations for the future and detail the oversight of some groups performances to achieve the required standards.. This may have to wait until some of the dust has settled ,but planning needs to start now.

Cometh the moment cometh the  man. The pressure is now on Mr rennell to be just that.  He wont be able to do it on his own.    The message of the media has to be turned,the sooner that happens the better. Unfortunately there may have to be sacrifices, but the perception of the current situation can be turned around. So many positives can comes out of all this. That message needs to start very soon. 

So many positives can come out of this?

You must believe in the tooth fairy!

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I will never put the boot into anyone when nothing has been proven!!

If I happened to have nothing to do tonight and decided to go through some old posts on this and the other site I wont find you accusing All Stars of team driving,which in reality is racefixing,or accusing them of anything untoward that they haven't been found guilty of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So many positives can come out of this?

You must believe in the tooth fairy!

Its obvious you"ve completely missed the point that uncovering illegal activity and dishonesty is a good thing.   Brodie not on the money here.  You carry on with your doom and gloom view,i will carry on with my positive view.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Did you not accuse the all stars of cheating, or suggest they have cheated without any factual evidence?

Nat up to her eyeballs in the the drugs side of this:// wonder who was smoking p on the way to the jewels!! Purdon fined $15000 for positive on dream about me in aus, involved in blue magic scandal....come on they  aren't squeaky... and if you haven't witnessed their team driving you are blind, (thats not to say other leading stables don't do it)Time the whole lot was cleaned out and I can bet with confidence again

• Champ Post 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/106978548/racing-figures-in-operation-inca-due-in-court

the general press seem to now get it

sadly you dont flagship

deleting a portion of your post would respect the judges wishes

Unfortunately already printed in another piece of the press there in Black and White