Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

23 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Brodie, for somebody who tells everybody your on the money, you let yourself down. 

Its irrelevant how much he stood to profit, if proven its a terrible look for the game. 

Do you think he did it all by himself?? Who else was involved, how much for them. Come on, your making yourself look bloody stupid, from your first post on this thread. 

I don’t personally care if you think I am stupid or not, I just don’t think that Mr Stuart can be fixing any race if he is not the trainer or driver.

As for the 1k it is hardly STUARTGATE is it?

From these raids it seemed that it was some big fixing ring but it Doesn’t now.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I don’t personally care if you think I am stupid or not, I just don’t think that Mr Stuart can be fixing any race if he is not the trainer or driver.

That's pretty stupid really.   Of course anyone could help fix a race if he is not a trainer or driver.  I can think of heaps of ways. Sure it has not been divulged exactly how yet,so it's all a bit of a mystery until it is. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Did say over $1000

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, the galah said:

That's pretty stupid really.   Of course anyone could help fix a race if he is not a trainer or driver.  I can think of heaps of ways. Sure it has not been divulged exactly how yet,so it's all a bit of a mystery until it is. 

Andrew Stuart is not the trainer or driver of 2of those horses!

How can he fix a race himself?

I don’t know, wasn’t there and hopefully you weren’t either!

No use conjecturing at the moment it will come out over the next 6 months

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, the galah said:

If Mr Stuart (not from Home and Away) is sitting in the stands I am sorry but he can not fix a race!

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If Mr Stuart (not from Home and Away) is sitting in the stands I am sorry but he can not fix a race!

From the earlier posts each charge is a little different .....

"assisting", "conspiring to manipulate" and "manipulating" ...... I am guessing that any of these could make up the ingredients to substantiate "fixing" - doubt if you'd actually have to participating as a trainer or driver ..... that Wall fella definitely wasn't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

From the earlier posts each charge is a little different .....

"assisting", "conspiring to manipulate" and "manipulating" ...... I am guessing that any of these could make up the ingredients to substantiate "fixing" - doubt if you'd actually have to participating as a trainer or driver ..... that Wall fella definitely wasn't.

Your spot n Taka, assisting seems to be the word. Strange thing, it seems info on Andrew Stuart has now been taken off stuff? 

• Like 1

This might be why .....

20525346_1369374699783849_56131738125070

For those wanting updates on the court appearances on the harness racing identities this morning, it is still ongoing in Christchurch.

The judge has just reprimanded national media for 'live updating' from the court.

There are as many as 10 people appearing or being represented today, including some not previously publicised as being arrested and charged, if court documents are to be believed as factual.

We have a reporter on site but will wait until the full process is completed and the judge has issued directives relating to the suppression (or not) of names or details before lodging a story.

Edited by Taku Umanga
  • Champ Post 1

Brodie

u are a simpleton judging from your comments on this thread. You clearly have no idea of police procedures as it relates to a major inquiry such as this. The planing detail, co ordination of warrants for a co ordinated execution on various properties, the obtaining and securing of evidence is way above your ‘pay scale’.

i suggest you refrain from commenting on actions you have no clue about.

in law to undertake an arrest you need Prima Facie evidence of a crime. The issue of proof will in these instances will be left to 12 people similar to you.

in conclusion I do note that you are prone to blowing your trumpet - I have to ask myself does the lift go to the top floor

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Those charged have been banned by the Racing Integrity Unit from attending or betting on harness races.

Stuff

so that means it is ok for Wall to still be the race manager at Awapuni

that is the same as saying that the woman that ripped off Land Transport for millions is ok to work in the finance Dept, of Air NZ as it was land transport she ripped.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Belle said:

Brodie

u are a simpleton judging from your comments on this thread. You clearly have no idea of police procedures as it relates to a major inquiry such as this. The planing detail, co ordination of warrants for a co ordinated execution on various properties, the obtaining and securing of evidence is way above your ‘pay scale’.

in law to undertake an arrest you need Prima Facie evidence of a crime. The issue of proof will in these instances will be left to 12 people similar to you.

in conclusion I do note that you are prone to blowing your trumpet - I have to ask myself does the lift go to the top floor

Belle, thanks for the flattery, much appreciated.

Blowing my trumpet, sorry not enough air, opionated yes, stubborn, yes and on the money, yes.

They must have a helluva lot of evidence then Belle!,

Prima Facie evidence! I am sure they do but remember there are a lot of people found guilty when they are not.

Look I appreciate it is not a great look, however too many just want to put the boot into the charged people that have been providing the industry with support!

Edited by Brodie

54 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Go Belle!!

Have to agree with others Brodie, your on your own. 

Doesn’t worry me one iota Kakama.

I am not saying that shite hasn’t happened, all I am saying is that too many are wanting to put the boot into the charged before they are even tried in a court of law.

Brodie stands for fairness and always will.

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, Belle said:

Brodie

You jest Belle, surely, this is New Zealand, do you know how many poor buggers were 'fitted' up for crimes they didn't commit? you should watch some of the reality tv shows, or have a look at Mike Bungay's life story...it's fit up central,..... NZ......worse than Oz!

Stuart not involved you say  brodie  

well he was  the  former trainer before it went to jones    , and a good friend of jones   and good friend of walls who was in on the said horse  

and both have many  gallopers  and trotters together 

bangs head  

13 minutes ago, gee said:

Stuart not involved you say  brodie  

well he was  the  former trainer before it went to jones    , and a good friend of jones   and good friend of walls who was in on the said horse  

and both have many  gallopers  and trotters together 

bangs head  

Where have I ever said that there has not been any shenanigans or undesired actions by some people???

What is blatantly wrong in my unbiased world is most on this site are happy to just put the boot into all and sundry that have been charged!

Yes I am sure the police have got evidence Etc. And where there is smoke there is normally fire.

I am certainly not apologising for any of the people that have been charged, and it is a very bad look for harness.

I appreciate Brodie is just about on his own on here at the moment, which is not a worry for me.

However,  the people that have been charged whether they are guilty or not, do not need all the harness racing supporters, enthusiasts etc. kicking them in the guts while they are down.

If a family member of yours had been charged for something, would you appreciate it if all your neighbours were telling you what a lowlife your family member was???

Doubt it!

We should sit back and see what eventuates as there is so much talk going on at the moment and harness racing is going to self destruct if we carry on like this!!!

Yes I know I will get it double barrels from posters who are without sin (I am highly religious) lol

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

its not about  family  members  , its   about these people , and facts  are out there    for all to see i don't think anything has been said in here that hasn't been said from media  

you get double barrels   for  not sitting back and looking at the facts  that are out there 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kakama said:

Go Belle!!

Have to agree with others Brodie, your on your own. 

Well, kind of.? On the one hand, wearing my taxpayer hat, I sort of agree with Brodie — if all an 18 month police investigation (undercover to boot) has managed to throw up is a few piddly $1K collects and some recreational drug use/supply, that's not a great use of taxpayer money. Innocent industry participants whose livelihoods are threatened by the fallout are likely to be even less impressed.

On the other hand, regardless of whether the dodgy collects are $10 or $1mill, it's corruption pure and simple. And as soon as you start down that path, it's "Hullo third world, here we come". So wearing my idealist hat, I sort of agree with everyone but Brodie.

In other words, I can't even agree with myself on this one! So I'm going to shut up until all the facts are in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’ll Brodie.  Are you wanting the Harness participants to band together and show support , I hope your joking as these people involved in this fraudulent act should be burnt at the stake for what there doing to Harness racing.

There is every chance that Harness racing may receive a fatal blow from all this.

I wouldn’t be that surprised if it’s terminal and know way back , it dosnt look good as I see it.

So no don’t expect to much sympathy from die hard harness supporters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Where have I ever said that there has not been any shenanigans or undesired actions by some people???

What is blatantly wrong in my unbiased world is most on this site are happy to just put the boot into all and sundry that have been charged!

Yes I am sure the police have got evidence Etc. And where there is smoke there is normally fire.

I am certainly not apologising for any of the people that have been charged, and it is a very bad look for harness.

I appreciate Brodie is just about on his own on here at the moment, which is not a worry for me.

However,  the people that have been charged whether they are guilty or not, do not need all the harness racing supporters, enthusiasts etc. kicking them in the guts while they are down.

If a family member of yours had been charged for something, would you appreciate it if all your neighbours were telling you what a lowlife your family member was???

Doubt it!

We should sit back and see what eventuates as there is so much talk going on at the moment and harness racing is going to self destruct if we carry on like this!!!

Yes I know I will get it double barrels from posters who are without sin (I am highly religious) lol

Your post stinks of hypocrisy. You have on multiple occasions on race cafe accused the all stars of potentially cheating with no facts to back up your claims. Yet look were you stand now.

While some of these figures may have done some good for the industry, if fixing in anyway shape or form is proved correct, then this outweighs the good.

It stuffs the reputation of the industry, and has a negative spin off effect. Such as innocent trainers potentially missing new owners to the game because of the reputation these idiots have made for the industry. The scale of their fu## ups could be felt for a long time and affect every participant.

I have agreed with many of your posts and sentiments but you are letting yourself down badly here

• Like 2