• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• so the race with the highest turnover tonight, on the win and exotic pools, for both  nz tab/entain and tabcorp nsw,was the non win race.The tabcorp pool on the non win was actually over $4000 more than any other race at addington. Like i have said before,its not the class of horse that gets people betting. its got to be the pre race exposure a race gets on sky racing or trackside tv. So the powers to be really have to come up with something that addresses this to harness racings advantage. Its quite amazing the difference in pool sizes just on this one factor. so who makes the calls as to when races are fitted into what timeslots. nz harness racing will not prosper if they are given timeslots that are 2 minutes after an aussie gallops meetings start times,like happened  this wednesday. We have been told for a while now that entain was the best partner for the industry,but it is tabcorp nsw who control skyracing coverage. So is it them that come up with the time slots. to me this is a very important subject.   
    • Thats my view as well brodie. Nothing would have changed. On top of that they will still be using the same vets. The significance of mark purdon not being there,while important, is over rated in my opinion. nows a new era and theres no denying there will only ever be one mark purdon so we shouldn't expect his sons to start off as if they are as good from the get go. having said that. I personally think they had already come back to the same level of playing field that the other top stables have in the last 3 or so years. It was when natalie rasmussen came along the all star horses got a turbo boost.  Just look at the udr's. the stats tell the story and don't have opinions,just facts. but ,i do have an opinion and think part of the reason would have been her driving as shes so good,but it had to have been only only part of the reason as they consistently produced multiple horses to run top 3 and even top 5 ,several lengths ahead of the rest.She was only driving one of them.
    • I've never got enthused about streaming sport, I do watch the odd race now and then, watch bits and pieces on you tube. Interestingly the. Viewing numbers for super rugby are up and still TV viewing still miles ahead of streaming, each have their place and sure intime streaming will increase but if they put stuff on TV that's worth watching it will too.
    • Looks like it Walt with Akuta and Millwood Nike injured they are short of their 2 best stars. The horse you nominated as class act in Chase The Dream is still going well , and Won the rich Sires Stakes Final last week , and so might be the NZ Derby Favourite for later in the year. OscarB the defending Dominion winner still might be a Rowe Cup chance. Don't Stop Dreaming had an incredible season with 2nds in many Big Races in NZ and Oz including the narrow loss in the Grin RACE and Hunter Cup,  and is a chance to go through the Million dollars in prizemoney soon. But as you say Merlin been tipping him over a few times has shown maybe the Allstars Top billing has gone 😪 . Roy's Silver grey colours are back and Winning more, so they Allstars might be just bridesmaids now with the Telfers and Dunn's in the bridal party looking for a bouquet as well. 😁  
    • Have seen some less than average stands in the South Island as well though Galah! Just a raffle these stands
  • Topics