Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

Guest CrossCodes

The betting records on the Gran Chico race when he had his debut may make interesting reading now, I remember thinking at the time what a poor drive it was by Orange on the McGrath trained debutante and it was a mammoth effort to just get beaten.....now it just makes me wonder.

I won't be having any more bets on a NZ harness race in the near future until this is all sorted, I can handle losing money on a race if the horse isn't good enough but knowing these pricks have already decided before the race the result makes me sick, they won't be getting any of mine for quite a while if ever.

Edited by CrossCodes

4 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

The betting records on the Gran Chico race when he had his debut may make interesting reading now, I remember thinking at the time what a poor drive it was on the McGath trained debutante and it was a mammoth effort to just get beaten.....no where it just makes me wonder.

trust me the prosecution wont be using the records from that race

Guest CrossCodes

What also irks me is that the RIU have clearly known well before April last year that something majorly dodgy was going on, hence handing it over to the police.

So ever since then they have let a lot of fixed races go ahead knowing full well what has potentially been happening.

I guess for 'the greater good' they have had to let it go by, as to not jeopardise the investigation, and maybe why they have appeared so toothless on a number of occasions in regards to poor drives, they haven't wanted to arouse suspicion with the drivers involved that they knew something.

Has this whole saga really been about the drug scene? Nothing i indulge in, but it does seem like its a wide group of family members/ mates etc. Im not saying its right, but have the police sort of stumbled upon this while trying  to find more evidence of race fixing? 

As drivers are tested, how come none returned a positive? 

If somebody is race fixing and it can be proved, ban them. But are the drugs the problem, getting addicted then race fixing to support drug habit. 

We all know how drugs can effect a persons life, this could be another example. Would hate to see people that think no future ahead, can not see a way out and act accordingly. This has happened in the past, and when you think that people have ended their lifes over similair events, i think we all need to see whats important in life. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Has this whole saga really been about the drug scene? Nothing i indulge in, but it does seem like its a wide group of family members/ mates etc. Im not saying its right, but have the police sort of stumbled upon this while trying  to find more evidence of race fixing? 

As drivers are tested, how come none returned a positive? 

If somebody is race fixing and it can be proved, ban them. But are the drugs the problem, getting addicted then race fixing to support drug habit. 

We all know how drugs can effect a persons life, this could be another example. Would hate to see people that think no future ahead, can not see a way out and act accordingly. This has happened in the past, and when you think that people have ended their lifes over similair events, i think we all need to see whats important in life. 

whats important in life-well honesty is a good starting point to help you stay on the right track..    As to the drug testing-maybe they need to change to saliva testing if they don't already do so.     Its a good thing we don't have only high profile drivers driving at the better meetings as some like mick Guerin advocate for.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonMc said:

IMO there is no comparison as one case does not have enough evidence to charge and the other has had people charged and remanded but lets agree to disagree i guess

See at this very moment there’s know difference, these people have been charged but at this very time it is unproven as it has to goes before the courts.

Yet the RIU stand them down before they are proven guilty. 

Cole is under investigation with photos and several sworn affidavits and is unproven at this moment.

So where’s the difference, both unproven at this very moment.

Some are stood down and Cole is not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Please, Please, Please, 

Those that are involved in this saga, get a bloody good lawyer. Dont be tempted to get P4P to help you out, ended badly last time. 

15F75F0C-F3FF-403E-9957-4EEA70D9E961.jpeg

I recall that one NM on RACE CAFE, quickly becoming known as Phillip Quay Cafe(occasionally featuring Racing and Comic Dog):), for it's sheer nastiness.

An apt time to just reiterate the Chief's stance on privacy, contained in the Welcome note

"The Privacy of posters/members of this site is paramount.  At no stage will a person's personal details be passed to a third party.  If they are requested by an authority we will first contact the individual concerned and wait for a court order for a release of the information.  In our experience such requests are very very rare and only occur if an individual has overstepped the mark by a very long margin;"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hesi said:

I recall that one NM on RACE CAFE, quickly becoming known as Phillip Quay Cafe(occasionally featuring Racing and Comic Dog):), for it's sheer nastiness.

An apt time to just reiterate the Chief's stance on privacy, contained in the Welcome note

"The Privacy of posters/members of this site is paramount.  At no stage will a person's personal details be passed to a third party.  If they are requested by an authority we will first contact the individual concerned and wait for a court order for a release of the information.  In our experience such requests are very very rare and only occur if an individual has overstepped the mark by a very long margin;"

Also very important not to ever allow yourself to be bullied, especially by inadequate and narcissistic human beings who's obnoxious conduct was instrumental in so many genuine racing folk leaving the oxidation pond. If anyone had the audacity to disagree with that vile little man, he would first abuse and belittle you with his intellectual arrogance, then threaten you at the same time he packs yet another tantrum. He can't actually do anything himself due to his numerous limitations. All he can do is seek the assistance of brown noses who routinely suck up to him through fear of ever being his target or of course, pay someone to act in his stead. Only he can discuss with "gay" abandon the names of anyone in the industry who's alleged dubious actions have come to the attention of other industry participants or authorities. He is worthy of contempt only. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JasonMc said:

IMO there is no comparison as one case does not have enough evidence to charge and the other has had people charged and remanded but lets agree to disagree i guess

On what basis do you claim that there is not enough evidence in the Cole case to charge anyone?

8 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Please, Please, Please, 

Those that are involved in this saga, get a bloody good lawyer. Dont be tempted to get P4P to help you out, ended badly last time. 

Oh, I remember that thread very well, was final straw for me, told scoobs to stick it up his arse and i was gone. Just saw this, so logged into rc to have a look, that thread was a disaster. P4P just looking out for relatives, scoobs just agreeing with him, makes me sick. Chief got abuse as well. It seems many, including myself, were right. What about an apology p4p? 

Getting back to main story, just turned on TV1 this morn, shows a smirking Matt Anderson coming out of court. Not a good look, Garrick Knight stated more arrests today

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Please, Please, Please, 

The worst post ever made on the harness site on RC. 

Nowhere in the thread about did Brodie slander the Dunns'. In fact, he supported them.

Talk about a blind rhino leading a charge into the darkness.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

What also irks me is that the RIU have clearly known well before April last year that something majorly dodgy was going on, hence handing it over to the police.

So ever since then they have let a lot of fixed races go ahead knowing full well what has potentially been happening.

I guess for 'the greater good' they have had to let it go by, as to not jeopardise the investigation, and maybe why they have appeared so toothless on a number of occasions in regards to poor drives, they haven't wanted to arouse suspicion with the drivers involved that they knew something.

i would  say the biggest thing  would be once they found one was doing it  ,  there would been more names  popping up 10 wouldn't be found in one hit ,   have   heard only one was 1st  looked into back then but   as the investigation deepened more was found hence why a police matter ,  i hope more get found 

Guest CrossCodes
5 minutes ago, gee said:

i would  say the biggest thing  would be once they found one was doing it  ,  there would been more names  popping up 10 wouldn't be found in one hit ,   have   heard only one was 1st  looked into back then but   as the investigation deepened more was found hence why a police matter ,  i hope more get found 

Agree, I hope all the dirty mongrels are found and weeded out. All of the younger generation too it seems, thinking they were untouchable no doubt all the while they were digging themselves a hole deeper and deeper.

Unlike many comments I've read elsewhere I have ZERO sympathy for those involved, ripping off punters, owners, and other trainers trying to make a living while they think they are being so clever, and the drug dealers are even worse, peddling their filth. I hope these little boys go to jail and come face to face with some real men who teach them a lesson.

Realty is that there has always been some type of drugs with the young for many years.

I know that marijuana was the go thru harness racing young for as long as I can remember.

The young stablehands work extremely hard and long hours and when they do get a chance to relax they seem to take these drugs.

Certainly not condoning them whatsoever, but think it is in most industries and just not the young ones!

You would wonder though how testing is not picking it up, and maybe that is the same with horse testing?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Realty is that there has always been some type of drugs with the young for many years.

I know that marijuana was the go thru harness racing young for as long as I can remember.

The young stablehands work extremely hard and long hours and when they do get a chance to relax they seem to take these drugs.

Certainly not condoning them whatsoever, but think it is in most industries and just not the young ones!

You would wonder though how testing is not picking it up, and maybe that is the same with horse testing?

I agree with you, how was it, that drugs not detected? Maybe they have suspicion of race fixing, but so far, it seems more of a sting for people taking drugs. On facebook, they are giving these guys heaps for race fixing, but wheres the evidence? 

Guest CrossCodes
2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I agree with you, how was it, that drugs not detected? Maybe they have suspicion of race fixing, but so far, it seems more of a sting for people taking drugs. On facebook, they are giving these guys heaps for race fixing, but wheres the evidence? 

I'm sure they have a bucket load of evidence, it's been a hell of a long time since last April! It will all come out eventually, just have to wait.

16 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

probably new  how to flush it out of system

11 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I disagree.  If they knew just one race was fixed and had evidence for that increasing the quantum of evidence by allowing them to continue to commit an alleged crime in my opinion is totally inadequate.  What if they had charged them straight away, hauled them over the coals and win or lose the prosecution at least they would have sent a strong message and probably have nipped the errant behaviour in the bud.  A subsequent 18 month investigation is indeed toothless.

• Like 4