Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

On 6/03/2020 at 12:00 PM, The Major said:

No.Beat up his girlfriend a few days ago!! No place for people like this in our industry!

Be very careful, Major. 

Were you there?

Did you witness it? Are you privy to all the information? 

Or, are you like so many others condemning someone based on industry whispers...

• Champ Post 1

So you two condone domestic violence!!A serious problem for todays society,driven by the ever increasing use and dealing of drugs,which in turn takes up 90% of Police resources!There is no place for this in Harness Racing and thank goodness the Police are doing their best to clean things up.

2 hours ago, The Major said:

So you two condone domestic violence!!A serious problem for todays society,driven by the ever increasing use and dealing of drugs,which in turn takes up 90% of Police resources!There is no place for this in Harness Racing and thank goodness the Police are doing their best to clean things up.

I suggest you be careful what you say Major.  As the matter is now in the legal system there are rules and processes that must be followed.  I don't condone any trial by social media nor breaking of legal rules.

From a personal opinion perspective I find it hypocritical when people draw a distinction between wider society and thoroughbred, harness or greyhound racing.  Why is there especially "no place for this in Harness Racing" when it is a wider social issue.  IF Harness Racing is a hotbed of these types of issues (I'm saying it isn't anymore than the rest of society) then why isn't the Harness industry (and racing in general) doing more in a positive fashion to address the issue?  Instead we see draconian treatment above and beyond what the rest of society experiences.

Looking at the farce that is INCA, the inept and at times bizarre activities of the RIU in that matter and the "hands-off" attitude of Harness Racing NZ and the lack of substance to the case(s) is there any wonder than some of those involved are under extreme stress?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Major said:

Do I condone domestic violence? Absolutley not. But, I also don't condone seeing someone hung out to dry based on chinese whispers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Major said:

Thank goodness The Star publishes the facts!!

Ha! 

The Star?

Who are now facing allegations of misquoting a well respected and long serving member of the industry in the very same story? 

The comment would have to suggest that you are either a Bennett, a Kennett or a Walton - or perhaps all three? 

Scum on the shoes of the industry, all three of you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Ha! 

The Star?

Who are now facing allegations of misquoting a well respected and long serving member of the industry in the very same story? 

The comment would have to suggest that you are either a Bennett, a Kennett or a Walton - or perhaps all three? 

Of course you have never ever misquoted anyone have you Matt!

quite frankly I wouldn't trust any journo as far as I could kick them.

At least those 3 scum as you called them are trying to do there bit to clean up the industry. All they are doing is repeating what gets said on racecourses every time I attend. Even a blind man(or woman ) can see what's been going on with a certain few trainers.

Speaking of scum allowed on racecourses I take it you are ok with the trainer who got caught in possession of an amount of drugs that would make a Mexican cartel proud being able to still hold a licence. And Even when he decided to assault another trainer at the track also. Perhaps he was under the influence of the drugs that day as well. Not that I'm saying he was!

4 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Ha! 

The Star?

Davey lemon what a great reporter he was no misquoting with him

54 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Davey lemon what a great reporter he was no misquoting with him

A great! Have many of Dave's stories clipped out at home. Including one incredibly entertaining match report of a cricket match between the Mt Hutt Trotting Club and the Mid Canterbury Strappers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Looking at the farce that is INCA, the inept and at times bizarre activities of the RIU in that matter and the "hands-off" attitude of Harness Racing NZ and the lack of substance to the case(s) is there any wonder than some of those involved are under extreme stress?  

Is a leading trainer/driver being found guilty on a charge of improper driving mean nothing?

Some people just don't seem to get it. Treat punters with contempt and disdain and you create a distrust that lasts for many a year. It taints the whole industry.

You criticize everyone involved in operation inca, but no criticism of someone who pleads guilty to in effect team driving. 

3 minutes ago, the galah said:

Is a leading trainer/driver being found guilty on a charge of improper driving mean nothing?

Some people just don't seem to get it. Treat punters with contempt and disdain and you create a distrust that lasts for many a year. It taints the whole industry.

You criticize everyone involved in operation inca, but no criticism of someone who pleads guilty to in effect team driving. 

Allstars team driving?????

6 minutes ago, the galah said:

Why didn't the RIU and Harness Racing NZ use the powers that they had available to them to deal with the improper driving from the get go?

Na - the RIU wasted millions of industry/tax payers money (not to mention the finances of those charged) by their inept handling of the issue(s) and abdicating to the Police.  Who apart from the drug use cases found zilch.

The RIU tainted the whole industry by their approach and the RIU individuals involved should be held accountable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Allstars team driving?????

I agree. Reality is your never going to stop it no matter what the stable. That doesn't make it right.  Its one of the most regularly discussed topics on here and by punters.   The only way to have a deterrent is to create a mindset amongst those involved that they may be charged and held accountable for improper driving when it is so very obvious.   

I believe in each horse being driven on its merits no matter how many there is from one stable in each race.Simple as that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why didn't the RIU and Harness Racing NZ use the powers that they had available to them to deal with the improper driving from the get go?

Na - the RIU wasted millions of industry/tax payers money (not to mention the finances of those charged) by their inept handling of the issue(s) and abdicating to the Police.  Who apart from the drug use cases found zilch.

The RIU tainted the whole industry by their approach and the RIU individuals involved should be held accountable.

Have you ever given much thought that operation inca was a result of actions prior to the date the investigation begun. 

Once again i point out you make comment on the RIU,but no condemnation of mcgrath  who  pleading guilty to team driving. 

Its seems to me you infer the RIU was responsible for the team driving charge.   I  think it was mcgrath.

You want the RIU to be held accountable,but not those they investigate. 

we are at total polar opposites in our opinions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Once again i point out you make comment on the RIU,but no condemnation of mcgrath  who  pleading guilty to team driving.   

that doesn't mean he felt he was guilty of the offense

Edited by Rangatira

10 hours ago, the galah said:

Have you ever given much thought that operation inca was a result of actions prior to the date the investigation begun. 

Its seems to me you infer the RIU was responsible for the team driving charge.   I  think it was mcgrath.

Where have I ever said McGrath's final outcome (the charge and penalty) was wrong or that I disagreed with it?

The point you are failing to comprehend is that the RIU and other harness racing officials displayed extreme incompetence in the way they handled things.

I repeat they cost the industry a great deal financially and in terms of integrity.  FFS they facilitated the impression that it was the crime of the century and the industry is corrupt to the core.

The RIU should be held accountable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the galah said:

Dave you rave on about team driving how about Riu investigate why one stable fail to preform when the bosses are away

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Where have I ever said McGrath's final outcome (the charge and penalty) was wrong or that I disagreed with it?

The point you are failing to comprehend is that the RIU and other harness racing officials displayed extreme incompetence in the way they handled things.

I repeat they cost the industry a great deal financially and in terms of integrity.  FFS they facilitated the impression that it was the crime of the century and the industry is corrupt to the core.

The RIU should be held accountable.

Thats your takeo,taking things to the extreme to underline  and over stating what you believe was an injustice. 

I don't fail to comprehend you believe there was  "extreme incompetence"  displayed as you put it. I just believe you are totally wrong.

Crime of the century is emotive words. Bit of an exaggeration there i think.   

Giving the impression the industry is corrupt to the core. Youv'e totally lost perspective with that comment. Who's ever thought that.  What would have been exposed as corruption  would have been industry insiders  failing to take action and sweeping the allegations of dishonesty under the carpet.  Imagine the press getting hold of such a story.

13 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Dave you rave on about team driving how about Riu investigate why one stable fail to preform when the bosses are away

I don't think i rave on as you put it,just don't  agree with it. You have pointed out the all stars do it. i think fair enough,but to single out them or mcgrath is unfair to both. 

I agree a  number of the all star horses seem to have dropped a level in the last couple of months. There could be several reasons. maybe your right in what you say,bit hard to tell for sure. 

Edited by the galah