Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

23 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

are you saying hrnz weren't kept in the dark re this

Would not know Ranga, I don’t associate with those circles sorry!

What I do know is that there are many people that are paying huge lawyers bills and feel that they have done nothing wrong!

If this is the case why on earth should they be having to pay out for false charges?

If there is evidence then it should be put up now rather than delaying, time after time!

45 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Getting bigger all the time when one party is attacking another in a public forum. Quick way to cause division.

Lucky, the sheriff just rode into town and told them to stop it after it was suggested the RIU was acting inappropriately / illegally.

That site is a farce.

If its a farce  a possible  solution is to stop going to that site.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

Brodie, you are not the judge or jury. And you cannot tell me you have read the hundreds and hundreds of pages of evidence.

Most likely you have you heard second hand or even third hand from someone who knows one or more of the charged or one of their close confidantes, and it's been relayed to you that they think it's all a beat up. Which, of course, is what they are always going to say. Of course, it COULD be, but also, it COULD NOT be. And until such time the charges are thrown out of court, and not pursued by the RIU to the JCA, then you need to sit on your hands and stop peddling this agenda as though is is fact. 

And to answer your questions, if they are found not guilty, or the charges are thrown out, then I would guess the Police or the RIU would be the ones they would pursue for costs. HRNZ have nothing to do with this - trust me. The former CEO and the Chairman both admitted publicly the first they knew of Inca was when told by Police the night before the raids to expect some bad publicity the next day. 

The irony of your view that HRNZ should be held accountable is that the Chairman and his board support the accused so to blame anything on them is stupid and ridiculous. 

Edited by Jonny Longshot
  • Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, Jonny Longshot said:

Brodie, you are not the judge or jury. And you cannot tell me you have read the hundreds and hundreds of pages of evidence.

Most likely you have you heard second hand or even third hand from someone who knows one or more of the charged or one of their close confidantes, and it's been relayed to you that they think it's all a beat up. Which, of course, is what they are always going to say. Of course, it COULD be, but also, it COULD NOT be. And until such time the charges are thrown out of court, and not pursued by the RIU to the JCA, then you need to sit on your hands and stop peddling this agenda as though is is fact. 

And to answer your questions, if they are found not guilty, or the charges are thrown out, then I would guess the Police or the RIU would be the ones they would pursue for costs. HRNZ have nothing to do with this - trust me. The former CEO and the Chairman both admitted publicly the first they knew of Inca was when told by Police the night before the raids to expect some bad publicity the next day. 

The irony of your view that HRNZ should be held accountable is that the Chairman and his board support the accused so to blame anything on them is stupid and ridiculous. 

Johnny, yes no one knows the truth apart from the ones accused!

What the police and RIU have have as evidence I am not sure about, but there is a difference between fixing races and discussing tactics I would’ve thought!

What I wish would happen is that the evidence of race fixing etc. is put up now as it is now becoming less than funny with what is going on!

The RIU would have buggerall money to cover the innocents legal costs and I know that the police certainly won’t as I believe they ar out of their depth on this one!

1 hour ago, Jonny Longshot said:

What I don't understand is that when the RIU did go to the JCA they didn't pass the threshold of evidence to suspend the accused licensee's.  This was AFTER the police had gathered their evidence.

As for "Michael House" posting on the other site - he hadn't posted ANYTHING since he joined in 2008.  Why would that change now especially to engage with The Viaduct Venom?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny Longshot said:

I thought the official line,and you appear to confirm,, is hrnz have been kept out of the loop yet  you say they have made a judgment call to support those charged.

I find that most unlikely.If it was true it would be hypocrisy at its worst. They must remain impartial ,if they are to maintain credibility.  

If anyone is saying that privately then it just confirms why the riu has kept hrnz out of the loop.  . 

As to the awarding of costs. This is a criminal case,not a civil one . If they lose do they pay the millions of dollars spent by the crown to bring the case to court. No.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What I don't understand is that when the RIU did go to the JCA they didn't pass the threshold of evidence to suspend the accused licensee's.  This was AFTER the police had gathered their evidence.

back in february the riu went to jca re mr x and mr y 

they sought and were granted a ruling that x and y provide information emanating from criminal disclosure

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But nothing has changed.

i am pretty sure towards the end of feb or early march neil grimstome wrote to counsel for the accused seeking handover of said disclosure and the response he got was we don't believe you are entitled to it and reasons for that.

its likely this game of ping pong remains unresulted

• Like 1

Its strange that LJM has so much of an issue with MH, calling him a snitch?? 

Is he worried because if MH tells the truth, somebody is gonna be caught??? Come on MH, if you have something, tell the truth. Its what everyone wants, trust me, you wont lose owners for the truth. In fact, you might pick up some owners once its all out. Comment on here MH, you will find it more fair.

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

and what is your opinion of the thread in question?

Do you support it?

As the matter is Sub Judice i am inclined to say very little. I did however make the observation in an earlier post that some people are going to be right and some wrong over the whole issue. I'm just waiting for the courts to decide the case.

Greg

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

As the matter is Sub Judice i am inclined to say very little.

But an awful lot has been said in that thread so do you agree with 'the' poster being able to say what they have? Your opinion is not sub judice and it would seem the principle of sub judice does not apply on your other site.

I would like to know your own feelings on the appropriateness of the thread itself. 

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I thought the official line,and you appear to confirm,, is hrnz have been kept out of the loop yet  you say they have made a judgment call to support those charged.

I find that most unlikely.If it was true it would be hypocrisy at its worst. They must remain impartial ,if they are to maintain credibility.  

If anyone is saying that privately then it just confirms why the riu has kept hrnz out of the loop.  . 

You may well find that most unlikely, but you better believe it's true. I would link you to some interesting information available online but it would, ostensibly, breach suppression orders so I can't. 

And yes, that is why the RIU kept them out of the loop - no faith in the Board to remain impartial. 
Some members of the board have horses with horsemen embroiled in this so there in itself is a conflict of interest and why HRNZ must stay well away from the matter.

Unfortunately, they have tried to do the opposite. In fact, the Chairman came out shortly after the raids and demanded publicly to know why HRNZ were kept in the dark.

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

back in february the riu went to jca re mr x and mr y 

they sought and were granted a ruling that x and y provide information emanating from criminal disclosure

Correct, but X and Y's lawyers then challenged that ruling through the courts? Not sure how it played out.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Come on MH, if you have something, tell the truth.

Admirable request but the reality is many don't want to hear the truth as they have already made up their mind. 

Personally, I don't think anyone involved in the case directly should be commenting on a public forum. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonny Longshot said:

You may well find that most unlikely, but you better believe it's true. I would link you to some interesting information available online but it would, ostensibly, breach suppression orders so I can't. 

And yes, that is why the RIU kept them out of the loop - no faith in the Board to remain impartial. 
Some members of the board have horses with horsemen embroiled in this so there in itself is a conflict of interest and why HRNZ must stay well away from the matter.

Unfortunately, they have tried to do the opposite. In fact, the Chairman came out shortly after the raids and demanded publicly to know why HRNZ were kept in the dark.

I accept what you say,and guess I knew that to be the case.

As you say the riu(and police) would have been worried that their investigation would have been compromised had they informed hrnz.

And from what you say,their concerns were predictably justified.   

That of course would create  further resentment  towards the riu, no matter how unfair that may be.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1